Thinking about drying my indoor in a spare bathroom...good idea?

• Thread starter Phate008
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Phate008

Phate008

My indoor plants are days away from harvest. My outdoor harvest did not go well and all of it ended up getting mold. I want to do this dry perfect so I'm looking for advice. I have a spare bathroom we don't use. It has an exhaust fan and a central air vent. I was going to set my AC to 70F degrees. Would it be a good thing to keep the exhaust fan running the whole time? Or should I put a small fan on low in there and leave the door open a crack? As a test I put my hydrometer in there and with AC on and exhaust fan on its 49RH and 70F. There are no windows in the bathroom either so it gets pitch black with lights off. The alternative to the bathroom is doing the dry in the tent, but I don't really have any control over the temp in there. Any ideas, advice, tips? Thanks for any help.

Ponky

Ponky

The AC is good. But you want fresh air flow also. By using the bathroom exhaust you will be stinking up the whole block. Air flow is key. Bathroom will work.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
if they get crispy on the outside within 4 days than you may want to turn on the shower đźšż to raise the humidity or something..
keep it DARK and don’t be touchy feely.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

You always want airflow over the plants, even when drying to prevent mold.

NairnM16

NairnM16

When hanging your bud keep the humidity around 55/60% for a slower dry after around 7/9 days should be a we snap on stems,

remove all buds into a coated plastic grossery bag, this bag stone the thx on your bud form sticking to the bag, leave the bag in a drawer for 4 days burping every 12 hours, then after the 4 days move the bud into jars for curing,

get the humidity pack things that maintain 62% for best results, stick 1 per bag and jar as needed, after a week of cure you are ready to smoke but you get a better cure if you let it run 1 month / 2, burp as needed

Kushizle

Kushizle

I dry in my bathroom (full plant hang) at 62-65f and 55-60% RH and exchange the air only a couple times a day for 20 minutes at a time. If I leave the fan on for too long it dries too quickly and I get hay smell. If my buds are on the smaller side, I can get away with not exchanging the air AT ALL but that's just laziness. Depending on your ambient humidity, you may need to add a small dehumidifier. To raise the humidity in the winter I add moist pots of the soil from the run until it's steady around 55-60%. Expect minimum a 14-21 day dry before trimming this way. I personally notice a big difference in taste drying this way so it's worth it too me

freezeland2

freezeland2

If you can set that AC to like 65 the rh should come up from 49% in to the 50’s. That will help slow the drying down.

Latest posts

Top Bottom