Thinking About Getting Rid Of Coolshade How Much Would I Have To Upgrade Ventilation??

• Thread starter Shivaskunk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Shivaskunk

Hello fellow farmers I know it's a long read but It wold be appreciated if you could spear 5 mins n give a fellow farmers some help or ideas

Well as the title says am looking to get rid of cool shade because I don't like the idea of the glass blocking some lumens, having to clean it and Al that and all the ducting everywhere lol. Also it is a bit big as I have to have my fans in size room to keep nosie down as I sleep in same room lol.

Don't get me wrong it works wonders for keeping Temps down

Heres my set up

I have a 3ft x 3ft x 6ft cupboard
600w coolshade
6"rvk-a1 250cfm blowing outside air through coolshade back outside
4" carbon filter + 4" ram 170cfm
4" rvk 110cfm intake
Fan speed controller with temp control
2 x 6" clip on fans
All acoustic ducting

Witch I think is 2 exchanges every minute at full speed a

the intake and outtake fans are at the very top of the room as 3 walls are concrete and I can only get in from the top lol So that takes about a foot off my hight because the size of the shade lol is I had a open reflector I would it perfectly between them gives me more hight and lumens

Right now I run the 6" rvk at full speed on shade. and have my outtake and intake on speed controller and I have controller set at 26c Witch It holds perfectly and the fans don't seen to be any were near full speed as I set it at 24c the other day for a test and it went to it n sat ther until I put it back upto 26c as I have plants in ther at the moment and don't wanted get it to cold for the lol. Or do you think I could test it to see how low I can get just for an hour or something??

So basically I what I need to know is how big of an extractor fan and in take to have a 600w open win reflector in that size of space

I was thinking about adding the cfm from the 6" rvk and the 4"ram fan for my extraction cfm and getting a fan around the Same ball park and using the 6" I've got for my intake

Do yous think some thing like this would keep a 600w open wing kool

6" rvk l1 - 391 cfm for extraction and 6"rvk a1 for in take ??

That would be 5 air exchanges per min??

Thinks again for stopping by and giving this a read and help or suggestions would REALY help

johnnyrotten

johnnyrotten

have you ever thought of running bare bulb vertical in that space? put the plants around the bulb and you wont have to worry about head space as much...have a fan blowing up onto the bulb...its run cooler than using a hood...I did it in a larger space but a 600w with an 8" extraction fan but a 6" should be enough for you...

S

Shivaskunk

have you ever thought of running bare bulb vertical in that space? put the plants around the bulb and you wont have to worry about head space as much...have a fan blowing up onto the bulb...its run cooler than using a hood...I did it in a larger space but a 600w with an 8" extraction fan but a 6" should be enough for you...

Well Ave never thought about vertical but I would give it a go. Not really what am asking but. The only thing is the heat from the bare bulb am worried about it doesn't matter what way I have the bulb it going to give of same amount of heat. This is why am asking if I remove the cool tube from the room. How many cfm is going to be needed to effectively cool the room

Size of fan dose not matter as it is the cfm wee need to know if you look as my first post you can see I have 2 4" fans at different cfm ratings.

Thanks for the suggestion but

johnnyrotten

johnnyrotten

38cfm would give you an exchange every 3 minutes...114cfm 1 per minute, 570cfm should exchange it 5 times a minute...thats the max you would need without an aircooled light in a hot and humid location using a scrubber...

If your going to exhchange that much air, you will probably need at least one more 6" intake, this will also give you negative pressure to keep the smell in...

S

Shivaskunk

38cfm would give you an exchange every 3 minutes...114cfm 1 per minute, 570cfm should exchange it 5 times a minute...thats the max you would need without an aircooled light in a hot and humid location using a scrubber...

If your going to exhchange that much air, you will probably need at least one more 6" intake, this will also give you negative pressure to keep the smell in...

Well am in Scotland so it rarely warm couple week a year if we're lucky lol

Not sure how you done you calculation but not gonna argue lmao I am always get confused with this ventilation
Am. a bit stone right now. But I thought you multiple L X b x H Witch would be

3x3x6 = 54 Cubic feet so to exchange that 1 time per minute would be 54cfm. So to change that 5 times per minute would be 270cfm or am I missing something??

Could you please explain to me how you calculate your cfm for you rooms please.

johnnyrotten

johnnyrotten

Well am in Scotland so it rarely warm couple week a year if we're lucky lol

Not sure how you done you calculation but not gonna argue lmao I am always get confused with this ventilation
Am. a bit stone right now. But I thought you multiple L X b x H Witch would be

3x3x6 = 54 Cubic feet so to exchange that 1 time per minute would be 54cfm. So to change that 5 times per minute would be 270cfm or am I missing something??

Could you please explain to me how you calculate your cfm for you rooms please.

I added 20% for a scrubber & 10% for an HPS and another 40% for being in a hot & humid area like me...lol without adding for any of that you are correct with 54cfm, using just the base you'd need 270cfm for that space...

If you dont have enough intake then you may not be able to open the door...

5 times per minute should be plenty...you aren't venting close to your intake are you? I noticed that you said that are both up top...

S

Shivaskunk

Awryt kl cheers ano I was thinking 6" 390cfm for exhaust and 6" 250cfm for intake. but might need bigger exhaust or do you think they 2 I said would be OK
What percentage do you think I should add on for my area or just leave that bit out coz it like winter all year round haha. Also my ducting run is about 6meters with a 3 90degrees bends. Should I add percentage for that thank

They come into the room at the same place but ther is ducting inside making them go to opposite sides

I also run it at nyt and it is only a flower room so only on 12/12

johnnyrotten

johnnyrotten

I really think you will be fine with the existing 6" fan that you have considering your temps, you don't really need to cycle 5 times/min... don't use an intake fan, use passive intakes...two 6" intakes should be fine...it will create negative pressure and keep the smell in the grow cab...

S

Shivaskunk

I really think you will be fine with the existing 6" fan that you have considering your temps, you don't really need to cycle 5 times/min... don't use an intake fan, use passive intakes...two 6" intakes should be fine...it will create negative pressure and keep the smell in the grow cab...
Awryt kl kl a prefer to have a active intake as it give more control on temp. An my actual room gets warm some times coz my veg Cab is in here aswell lol and I can't exhaust that outside only into my actual room because of were it is placed but that sound good to me. Wasn't my plants are out the room Al remove the glass and see what Temps my 4" fans keep it at befor I start to move things lol thanks for the help but

Top Bottom