THINKING ABOUT TRYING A NEW NUTRIENT COMPANY

• Thread starter Hondaguy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

Hondaguy

Hi guys im thinking about switching nutrient company. I'm currently useing house and garden the only additive i'm not useing from them is the amino treatment. I get good results but cant seem to get the density i want in the finished product. I'm currently useing coco to grow in. I always want to add more additives to the mix but i dont think house and garden has as many as advanced does. I know advanced is a popular name nutrient what do you guys think about it. If i keep the base nutrient hg what additives could i use the supplement hg's additives.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

AN blows...
Is your environment dialed?
I ask because I know of farmer's here that run H&G with a couple additives and kill it. If you're really interested in switching look into JR Peter's or Jack's salts. I just made the switch and my plant's can't thank me enough.

Camdawg

Camdawg

AN blows...
I ask because I know of farmer's here that run H&G with a couple additives and kill it. If you're really interested in switching look into JR Peter's or Jack's salts. I just made the switch and my plant's can't thank me enough.

I bet your wallet thanked you as well and 7 year old children everywhere are happy you're not supporting Geno and his lawyers

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

I bet your wallet thanked you as well and 7 year old children everywhere are happy you're not supporting Geno and his lawyers

Hahaha
I just purchased $74 worth of Jacks (3-2-1) for my 6Kw grow with (2) 4x8s full of peat, watering every 2-3 days. Looks like that purchase will last me 3 grows and I still got raped on shipping.

H

Hondaguy

i dont run a sealed room i run 1000w with fresh air in temps with lights on stay 72 to 78 depending on outside temp night temps 70 72 with heater in the winter. I really only have heat problems in the summer months i just throw a window unit in. I would like to frame the window unit in instead of getting a portable but then i would have to run the ducting for the lights out somewhere else. also what would i replace the top booster and the shooting powder with..

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
additives don't grow herb, growers do...read a book

edit: Yeah, I know that was a dick comment on my part but concentrate on environment, AIR FLOW & genetics. I've had massive density with no bloom boost many times. Trim all branches off the bottom of plant and don't pack plants too close. Air movement, space and less bud sites on a plant will result in less but denser flowers typically.

feslope

feslope

AN blows...
+1 I am using Jack's Hydro Feed in Botanicare Slacker and nothing else. Five weeks into flower, healthy plants so far with no deficiencies. I'm not much on the science but, I like my results at a small fraction of the price I used to spend on FF and Aptus.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

+1 I am using Jack's Hydro Feed in Botanicare Slacker and nothing else. Five weeks into flower, healthy plants so far with no deficiencies. I'm not much on the science but, I like my results at a small fraction of the price I used to spend on FF and Aptus.

Any insight on bud development compared to non-jacks runs? More production, less?

feslope

feslope

Any insight on bud development compared to non-jacks runs? More production, less?
Sorry no (Insight yet). Still about 4 more weeks to go. Personal observation tells me this grow is as good as any of mine to date, This is my sixth. I have gradually increased my EC from .5 to about .9 with RO water typically watering to about 10% runnoff. PH is 5.4-5.8. JR Peters is very willing to talk to you on the phone, they seem to recognize a growing market. Jacks won't exactly give you growing advice (Medical) but they will discuss their products and formulations and send you PDF data sheets.

Puscifer

Puscifer

additives don't grow herb, growers do...read a book

edit: Yeah, I know that was a dick comment on my part but concentrate on environment, AIR FLOW & genetics. I've had massive density with no bloom boost many times. Trim all branches off the bottom of plant and don't pack plants too close. Air movement, space and less bud sites on a plant will result in less but denser flowers typically.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Best answer in this thread!!!

TheTommyK

TheTommyK

I like Dutch nutrient formula (DNF)

Half price of AN. And imho, better.

Even cheaper and better...... Tea

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

H&G is a top nutrient company and one of the best IMHO, I switched to Canna and love the stuff. I only use the aqua and the only booster I use is the Canna PK 13/14, I do use cal-mag

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
Miracle Grow

:D

soserthc1

soserthc1

You don't really use anything miracle grow related do you @oscar169 as its almost impossible to flush them green nitro balls out of your plants and never get a fade from lack of nitro is late grow ....from my experience ?

Latest posts

Top Bottom