Thinking About Trying Uc

• Thread starter Shamus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Shamus

Shamus

And i have a few questions

1. Has anyone tried doing a perpetual SCROG with UC?

2. Can you put the buckets on larger centers.. like lets say 2 plants per 1k with 8 gallon CC UC's? are the 8 gallons to small to do that? why don't people just go buy their own PVC and place the buckets where ever they want? does the extra PVC length screw up the water flow?

3. I've read that folks use half strength nutes in the UC because its so efficient? is that true.. seems kinda goofy..

ill have more questions but just wanted to ask..

I'm still researching but i think ill be at least buying a 8 gallon, 8 site to toy around with.. and possibly a 4x4 tray to saw holes and put net pots in for vegging.. seems like the best bet for a perpetual style UC

the whole point of this for me is to minimize plant counts and quicker growth

thanks for reading

shamus

rubthe nub

rubthe nub

Problem with trying to do anything but a "single crop" with UC is you cannot dial in your nutrients, because of the varying requirements at different stages of flower.

rubthe nub

rubthe nub

Get a hold of me
You know how;)
I'll give ya the low down on what you'd need to set that up

Shamus

Shamus

Problem with trying to do anything but a "single crop" with UC is you cannot dial in your nutrients, because of the varying requirements at different stages of flower.
damn i can't believe i didn't think of that..

i guess id have to do 2 tents each with a 8 site system.. and just have the whole tent harvest at the same time but have two tents rolling..

thats just more then id like to have to deal with at a time

ill get at cha

F

FooDoo

3. Is the most important thing and thinking it's goofy will def be a huge obstacle in a successful UC run

stickyfing3rs

stickyfing3rs

Run two 4 site single barrel systems in your tent. Can run it off one chiller as well with a cool coil setup. What I've learned about dwc is that when your good to it and stay on top of shit it's good back to you. But if your not you know the story. From your attention to detail you've shown around here I think you'll fuckin kill it man. And the half strength nutrients is the best part. At the end of the run if you cut out nutrients all together you get a perfect fade and the cleanest burning flowers you can imagine.

Shamus

Shamus

3. Is the most important thing and thinking it's goofy will def be a huge obstacle in a successful UC run
Good to know!

Run two 4 site single barrel systems in your tent. Can run it off one chiller as well with a cool coil setup. What I've learned about dwc is that when your good to it and stay on top of shit it's good back to you. But if your not you know the story. From your attention to detail you've shown around here I think you'll fuckin kill it man. And the half strength nutrients is the best part. At the end of the run if you cut out nutrients all together you get a perfect fade and the cleanest burning flowers you can imagine.

Ok cool, so if I decide to just do 8 sites underneath 4k watts, 2 plants per light. Can I purchase a traditional system, 8 gallon 8 XL system, and put my own PVC tubes to have them be the distance I need not the distance they come at? I need the 4 on one side to be in a center of each 4x4 area, 2 each area.. Then run it to the other side and have the same on the other side. Basically I just need to fill a 10x10 with an 8 site system, with walking room in the middle/around.

Will that work or does it fuck up the flow rates? They suggest 4 8 gallon buckets per light.. But that's not a low enough plant count to convince me to do it.

Will it even work?

Is $500 for a 8 site CC UC system a good price? It's the old one with blue buckets.

stickyfing3rs

stickyfing3rs

You can pretty much modify that system however you'd like and it's gonna work just as good. 500 seems pretty fair to me for a used system. Then you'd have pretty much all hardware you'll need to modify it into two separate systems. Aside from another pump and probly a few PVC fittings.
Is the system your looking at one with the bulkheads or uniseals? Hopefully bulkheads as the uniseals can be touchy to get to seal.

F

FooDoo

Blue was uniseals. Bulkheads would be harder to modify since they are cemented onto the PVC

Apollo13

Apollo13

I have, use the Lucas formula for perpetual harvest with tea ALWAYS . I never get above 500 ppm which is awesome because it takes soo much water, it would be terribly expensive, but I have 12 strains that need to live together. Never up nutes by more than 10% per week.
Make your own system, I run grommets and 1.5 inch sprinker barbed fittings into buckets and use 1.5 inch hot tub pipe to connect. All pressure fit. Use Vaseline to lubricate ur grommets. Two sets of hoses for ur buckets short veg hoses to separate buckets and longer flower hoses. It would be sweet to have pipe that collapsed like those old school collapsible water containers. If perpetually harvesting you would want some buckets tight together and expanding apart as u go to accommodate growth. Must run tea to keep cleaning down and rot away. Building it, mine can top feed, uc, dwc, rdwc, or ebb and flow. More water flow the better and more air the better. Shoot for 65-68 temp. I pump as much air as I can and have a 8000 gph pump. Plus 400 gph constant draw for chiller. I can run on air pump or water pump. Either works great, but together it's better. But water pump allows hotter environmental conditions because it aerates with cold air in bucket, not pumping 280L air into the system. I did have to put a transmission cooler radiator on my incoming air because I went cheap on a piston airpump. Need another diaphragm HB80 like on my pond...u could pick a method and save some money on a few pumps. I change methods often depending on environmental conditions and try to fight nature as lil as possible. My 2 cents on buckets.

Latest posts

Top Bottom