Thinking about using LEDs...

• Thread starter Nappy_Nugs
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

Nappy_Nugs

So i originally had been growing under a 400w hps at my old spot but have since moved and it is unrealistic for me to use a light of that size since I am going to have to be way more stealth this time around. I have been looking at these LED bulbs and was wondering if anyone has any experience using them. Thanks

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

UFOs have improved considerably in just 2 years. Which UFO... how many watts... how many plants? A quality UFO 90 can handle a 2 X 2 area; good for 1-3 small cola type plants. It's great for < 24" AFs.

hth

O

organickat

I have used the htg 90 ufo in a 4x2tent and 4 plants give me close to a z per plant or more if done to perfection but you have to turn them everyday and get them close to the light

soserthc1

soserthc1

would shining some led's on the lower branches below my 600 hps be harmfull or beneficial. peace

ronvmpc

ronvmpc

Good for veg. Wouldn't use them to flower though.
SAM 0350

freegrow

freegrow

Premium Member
Supporter
would shining some led's on the lower branches below my 600 hps be harmfull or beneficial. peace

yes any light with the right lumen output is benificial

IMO t5s and the new VHO 7000 lumens per bulb t5s are the best way to go for stealth heat and power (but they are costly) I think the 8 bulb 4' fixture is like $600.00 but its 80,000 lumens

here is a link they are cheaper now $500.00

they come in 2' and 3' too I think

J

JCashman

So i originally had been growing under a 400w hps at my old spot but have since moved and it is unrealistic for me to use a light of that size since I am going to have to be way more stealth this time around. I have been looking at these LED bulbs and was wondering if anyone has any experience using them. Thanks

a couple years ago a buddy and myself played around with LEDs, we could never get them to match our HPS yields (same strain and nutes, only different lights).

to be fair, changes may have occurred in the technology since then so they could be a lot better than they use to be, however i personally wont be using them again.

GoodLuck!

Top Bottom