thinking ebb and gro?

• Thread starter concretedawg
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

concretedawg

thinking of doing a ebb and gro system whats everyones thought or if there is someone already doing it hit me up
gonna be running the triangle kush.....thanks dawg...

S

SRHninja

im headed toward doing a ebb & flow flood system myself is their a difference?

C

concretedawg

yeah man i am doing ebb and flow right now with trya and pots and hyrdoton , i am gonna do both, i have 2 4x4 trays and then gonna have the ebb and gro i heard you get better yeilds with the ebb and gro? just have to clean alot of hydroton with the eb system from what i have heard ...ebb in flow is good though i have had great success!!!!! btw the ebb and gro is a 12 bucket system with a 55 gal. res. the that has a timed feeding sched. basically fills buckets then goes back to the res.... hope this helps you... srh you in cali?

sky high

sky high

If you run this system MAKE SURE you build a containment "pond" out of pond plastic or 6 ml plastic that will hold 55 gallons of water. The local dispensary had one going on the second floor of a rental building and it OVERFLOWED during the night....coming close to trashing a bunch of computer equipment in the unit below.

Seems like lots of folks have had floods with this system....though when it works I've seen some sweet little bushes growing in it. I have one new in the box in my garage I've never touched......but probably should....LOL.

good luck, guys

s h

S

SRHninja

Nope not in cali i wish i could walk the streets going hydro store to the next, building face to face relationships with guys like Swerve and Garden of Dreams lol but nope... im in a NON RELAXED state.. and this is our meeting grounds haha

I jus got a duel 600 watt ballast *waiting on it in the mail actually* i decided to go with Ebb & Flow Drip System SOG style probably using Coco alot of senior farmers say its more forgiving then the other mediums...

J

Johnnyblaze2010

ebb and gro

the difference between the ebb and gro and the ebb and flo is that "Ebb and Gro" is the name of the product made by CAP that utilizes buckets in an "Ebb and Flo" hydroponic system. Personally, I would run the new Sentinel MEC-1 system. They have bigger fill and drain lines, the buckets are square, 1/2 gallon bigger buckets meaning more root growth potential, digital timer, the buckets drain completely (CAP's Ebb and gro leaves a little water in the bucket to help in between feeding; however without an airstone, problems such as pythium or root rot arose), and last but not least, a bigger hole in your pocket.

Running a system like this is very simple if you would just follow the Lucas Formula; 0-8-16 , Grow Micro Bloom, using General Hydroponics nutrition without the Grow, 8ml (micro)/gallon, and 16ml (bloom)/gallon. Combined with hygrozyme 200ml/week, a strong airstone in your reservoir, and you have your entire nutrient schedule planned out from beginning to end. Keeping it simple is always better.

X

Xceptional

If you run this system MAKE SURE you build a containment "pond" out of pond plastic or 6 ml plastic that will hold 55 gallons of water. The local dispensary had one going on the second floor of a rental building and it OVERFLOWED during the night....coming close to trashing a bunch of computer equipment in the unit below.

Seems like lots of folks have had floods with this system....though when it works I've seen some sweet little bushes growing in it. I have one new in the box in my garage I've never touched......but probably should....LOL.

good luck, guys

s h

i have one and have NEVER had that problem. i have multiple friends running them and they dont have that issue either, EVER. also the buckets hold at least 1 gal of nutes a piece (2 1/2 gal bucket minus hydroton displacement) so if you are running 30 pots you only need a pond liner to hold 25 gal. if they overflowed at night they were doing it wrong there is no reason to be watering during lights off (assuming they run lights off at night).

the difference between the ebb and gro and the ebb and flo is that "Ebb and Gro" is the name of the product made by CAP that utilizes buckets in an "Ebb and Flo" hydroponic system. Personally, I would run the new Sentinel MEC-1 system. They have bigger fill and drain lines, the buckets are square, 1/2 gallon bigger buckets meaning more root growth potential, digital timer, the buckets drain completely (CAP's Ebb and gro leaves a little water in the bucket to help in between feeding; however without an airstone, problems such as pythium or root rot arose), and last but not least, a bigger hole in your pocket.

Running a system like this is very simple if you would just follow the Lucas Formula; 0-8-16 , Grow Micro Bloom, using General Hydroponics nutrition without the Grow, 8ml (micro)/gallon, and 16ml (bloom)/gallon. Combined with hygrozyme 200ml/week, a strong airstone in your reservoir, and you have your entire nutrient schedule planned out from beginning to end. Keeping it simple is always better.

the Sentinel system has not been released. in fact the release date has been pushed back 4 times due to issues. I'd rather run the tried and tested E&G then some new system that they cant release becasue they keep having problems. i like the 2" of water in the bottom of the bucket it's like a little insurance policy. also you can elevate the buckets a few inches by putting something under them if you want them to drain completely. the digital timer just contradicts your reason for liking the Lucas formula. digital is more prone to issues i like the simplicity of the E&G brain. i agree on the extra space in the buckets and the square bucket design is a great idea. you could really pack them in with that shape and optimize your floor space. the other nice thing about their system is they use larger lines so they fill and drain faster. might not sound important but when you put a bunch of those buckets on one system it can take a long ass time and they do clog.

me and a friend just ran Lucas both using E&G''s and we both had issues in flower. in veg they looked great but in flower we both ran into deficiencies at about 4 weeks. I'm running House and Garden now. we had 2 different strains and they both had issues so i dont believe it was strain related.

thread starter if you have any issues just pm me.

HASC

HASC

can someone pls post what the exact Lucas forumula is? i've tried looking but cant find what it is exactly. i just got this system, they are looking great and I do not want to run into any problems

Latest posts

Top Bottom