Thinking I need some help. Grandma in Tennessee is growing a plant for my son-in-law, an army vet with major PTSD. Starting seeing spots..

• Thread starter Smcpa22
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Smcpa22

Smcpa22

I’m afraid to feed because I’ve killed some plants that way before. I keep a fan blowing on this plant full-time and it’s out on my deck. I move it ended the roof when it’s raining. All suggestions welcome. Many thanks!!!

Thinking i need some help grandma in tennessee is growing a plant  for my son in law an army
Thinking i need some help grandma in tennessee is growing a plant  for my son in law an army
az2000

az2000

They look good. What is the soil? You haven't fed anything? What do you water with? (tap water? RO filtered water?).

I'm thinking calcium deficiency. But, some of the spots look white. I don't think I've seen that before.

basscaptain

basscaptain

They look good. What is the soil? You haven't fed anything? What do you water with? (tap water? RO filtered water?).

I'm thinking calcium deficiency. But, some of the spots look white. I don't think I've seen that before.
I'll say 1 thing and stay out of it cause you got this az................. cal mag

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Cal deficiency for sure. I'd use calcium silicate or carbonate if you can find it..
Calmag if that's all you have available.... But feed it on it's own, dont mix it with other nutrients.

Ceaser911

Ceaser911

I’m afraid to feed because I’ve killed some plants that way before. I keep a fan blowing on this plant full-time and it’s out on my deck. I move it ended the roof when it’s raining. All suggestions welcome. Many thanks!!!
Looks to me like a worm or spider been eating on it. Hopefully not spider mites! Cut out some spots with scissors and go to your local nursery. Good luck ✌️

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Looks to me like a worm or spider been eating on it. Hopefully not spider mites! Cut out some spots with scissors and go to your local nursery. Good luck ✌
Agree something's eating it but looks more like leafhoppers, and don't cut anything! search leafhoppers

I wouldn't think a fan is necessary Outdoors + what medium are you using and what are you going to feed it and why are you having an issue feeding tell us how & what you feed?

Screenshot 20190904 140241 Google
Longsmoker

Longsmoker

Agree something's eating it but looks more like leafhoppers, and don't cut anything! search leafhoppers

I wouldn't think a fan is necessary Outdoors + what medium are you using and what are you going to feed it and why are you having an issue feeding tell us how & what you feed?
I had those on a few leaves and freaked out...drenched her with neem that night,Im not sure if that helped but havnt seen them since...looked like clear tapioca clusters..

Longsmoker

Longsmoker

I had those on a few leaves and freaked out...drenched her with neem that night,Im not sure if that helped but havnt seen them since...looked like clear tapioca clusters..
Come to think about it I did see those in my vegatable garden at the begining of the summer,maybe thats when they lay there eggs when its hot

Top Bottom