Thinking of lowering numbers (advice please)

• Thread starter Star
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

Jalisco Kid

Grow trees in chow 1.5-3lb/plant. Really lowers your stress and attorney fees.JK

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

^Thats great an all but the guy is already growing and doing well - he's just trying to maximize his room.

Check out this thread:
https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/soil-sog-grower-needs-mentor-to-switch-to-hydro.25499/

This is how I built my rooms - 3 x 1000 watters over each 4x8 bed of soil. I run 3.75-4 plants per sq ft, remove limbs up until the stretch is done (2-3 weeks into flower) and let them do there thing. Be careful when under cutting and cause a plant like OG will want to run like crazy. Ironically in the link above the guy is growing OG, claims to get 2.5-3 per light.

As far as CO2 goes, you will really only see a difference if you have everything else dialed in. I run all my rooms but 1 with CO2, everything else is the same and the room without CO2 shows slower growth and less yield. CO2 will increase your harvest numbers, that's a fact.

N

NorcalKid

Co2 makes a huge difference. And if you were to run a sealed room w/co2 you'd actually get less pests and PM because your not exchanging the rooms air every few minutes and you could practically double your yields.

K

kushsmoker30

i think a fair part of the prob's in ur hoods, them adjusta wings kinda suck. they throw light around too far so u never get the super hard nugz witch = weight, most likely the reason the other is doing so much better is there is 4 of em supplementing each other so some the waisted light goes under the neighboring hood adding up the lumens. in ur's u only have 2 hoods n there positioned so most the over cast light is going to the sides or waisted IMO, 1 thing u can do is turn ur hoods a 1/4 turn so side of wings r facing each other so some of the waisted light will go under the neighboring hood adding up lumens....or get better hoods, may i suggest mag. XXXL's they'll obsorb the heat them bulbs put out much better then adjusta's w's n cover ur canopy nicely.

CO2 does make a HUGE diff, n can help a noobie out yield a farmer who's been growing for longer n leave em wondering why:).LOL

MonsterRobot

MonsterRobot

i think a fair part of the prob's in ur hoods, them adjusta wings kinda suck. they throw light around too far so u never get the super hard nugz witch = weight, most likely the reason the other is doing so much better is there is 4 of em supplementing each other so some the waisted light goes under the neighboring hood adding up the lumens. in ur's u only have 2 hoods n there positioned so most the over cast light is going to the sides or waisted IMO, 1 thing u can do is turn ur hoods a 1/4 turn so side of wings r facing each other so some of the waisted light will go under the neighboring hood adding up lumens....or get better hoods, may i suggest mag. XXXL's they'll obsorb the heat them bulbs put out much better then adjusta's w's n cover ur canopy nicely.

CO2 does make a HUGE diff, n can help a noobie out yield a farmer who's been growing for longer n leave em wondering why:).LOL

Woah! Adjust-a-wings are the shit man! I love mine... I have ran those Magnum Ochos that you are talking about and they are good hoods, but create a lot of hot spots...

Adjust-a-Wings can be adjusted to not shoot light to the sides... I run them over my 4' wide tables and I have them adjusted so that light is not wasted. It is more focused actually...

One more note on the wings, they allow you to run bare bulbs which means more lumens which should mean more yield... Glass has lead added to it to make it stronger and that cuts your lumens...

Just like other people were saying, trim the bottom 1/3 of your plants off... If you are running that many plants under 2 lights then you probably have a pretty thick canopy up top and there isn't much light penetration down below anyway so you should chop that shit!

I usually trim the lower parts of the plants between wks 1 and 3 or 4 of bloom and I have had no problems with the plants being stressed. They actually love it.

You could also try using your trellis as more of a training tool instead of just for support. I weave my plants in and out of the trellis I have. It makes it easy to have a nice and even canopy which also helps with yield...

K

kushsmoker30

Woah! Adjust-a-wings are the shit man! I love mine... I have ran those Magnum Ochos that you are talking about and they are good hoods, but create a lot of hot spots...

Adjust-a-Wings can be adjusted to not shoot light to the sides... I run them over my 4' wide tables and I have them adjusted so that light is not wasted. It is more focused actually...

One more note on the wings, they allow you to run bare bulbs which means more lumens which should mean more yield... Glass has lead added to it to make it stronger and that cuts your lumens...

Just like other people were saying, trim the bottom 1/3 of your plants off... If you are running that many plants under 2 lights then you probably have a pretty thick canopy up top and there isn't much light penetration down below anyway so you should chop that shit!

I usually trim the lower parts of the plants between wks 1 and 3 or 4 of bloom and I have had no problems with the plants being stressed. They actually love it.

You could also try using your trellis as more of a training tool instead of just for support. I weave my plants in and out of the trellis I have. It makes it easy to have a nice and even canopy which also helps with yield...

ur right on bout the trim the lower part, i would do half cuz of crowding. i noticed when doing a tray with lots of girls most the stuff under the trellis was not really worth it esp. if canopy is full.

that said if he had hoods that penetrated the canopy better nugs would be bigger n harder. i have adjusta's.....but they sit on the floor cuz i don't use em, the light under them adjusta w's is not very bright at the edge's it's brighter that's why they work better when u have more. that's why i think 4 this 2 light room some better hoods r in order. i don't use glass in my hoods, i pay for those lumens so i make sure i get as many of em as possibly i can.

Top Bottom