Thinning out bottoms of plants (indoor flood & drain Coco)

• Thread starter cdebari
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

cdebari

So I have blue dream going right now 2 weeks into bud and the tops of the plants look nice (decent size buds) but the lower stuff is not only not getting light but it does not have any hair and there are mites on it.

If my plants are 4ft tall and the lowers are not getting any light how high should I trim it up? What should I trim off? I have already trimmed them up about 14" but there is still hella arms that are not getting any light and have no hairs.
Will this help with the mite problem? (i have already set off 3 bombs and I am going to spray in a little bit here).

Thanks in advance-

Str8Dank

Str8Dank

some of the best growers i know trim up like 1/2 to 2/3 of a plant which is why the call it lollypop lol. as far as mites go i would say less plant matter for bugs means less pant matter to fix so i guess it would be more helpful then harmful from that perspective.

C

Carson

Trim all the mite infested stuff off, and finish your spraying. Trim all lower and spindily growth that will not recieve light under the canopy by day 21 at the latest.

K

kamdavs

the mite problem is your concern, make sure you eradicate them before they ruin your crop. They always effect the weakest plants first, make sure you take care of it, or your crop might be all for not.

hiboy

hiboy

Organicide helped me with the mites.. it kills the adults but i dont think it affects the eggs since i will see them back in a week around. Didnt seem to hurt my sfv og either. lightly spraying with a fine mister is what i would do. Isnt it kinda crazy to bomb in flower stage?

Str8Dank

Str8Dank

floramite is the best product i've ever used to get rid of mites. $20 on ebay for 1 oz and you only need 16 drops for a gallon of water so that bottle goes a loooong way.

G

greenums

lollipop

Hello everyone, I think this is my first post here. I ended up with some tall indica bush in a tight space. Only had a 400W HPS that could barely penetrate the top of the canopy. So ... i got to chopping. This was my first grow. I'm doing SCROG now.

Haircut
greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
Hello everyone, I think this is my first post here. I ended up with some tall indica bush in a tight space. Only had a 400W HPS that could barely penetrate the top of the canopy. So ... i got to chopping. This was my first grow. I'm doing SCROG now.

Good job on your stripping:)>>nothing but nice sexy legs<<

:passingjoint:

gtd

M

mamaherb

I say definitely trim them up pretty well. I do it multiple per cycle. Once when flowering is initiated and then a month in. Some don't prune at all, but it depends if you want to trim little small buds with little density. Blue dream is super resilient and seems to like a good prune!!

M

mamaherb

mites

Bombs for me have seemed ineffective as certain mites have become resistant to pyrethren( p). I have used a bunch of different sprays and coverage seems to be the most important factor. mite-rid worked well for me as does azutrol containing products. Don't delay, they will take over in no time!!

sincethe80s

sincethe80s

i ran blue dream and i trimmed the bottom and supercropped and turned them into bushes!!! bigger buds than just letting it grow straight up..

Top Bottom