Third Grow! First with 357 MagPlus LED!

• Thread starter akpaco
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

akpaco

Third grow, first using LED's! Growing in a crawlspace. Decided to go with LED's. Was burning four 1000W HID on magnetic ballasts. Tired of trying to control the heat and for safety reasons. Electric is just an added bonus but not the main reason I switched. After months of research on various forums I decided to go with 357magPlus LED's. Here is a pic of my room with the lights installed.

Third grow first with 357 magplus led
G

grinkeeper

well you have my attention,, looks great.. impressed for sure.. I love your commitment

ronvmpc

ronvmpc

I love my led's for veg. Can't wait to see the outcome. Sub'd.

A

akpaco

Thanks Grin! People told me I should just use it as supplemental light but I wanted to go all in! I was pretty confident in what I've read on forums about the 357Magnum LED and they were just releasing the MagPlus so thats what i went with since I was replacing 1000 W HID's.I'm at day ten of flowering and will be taking more pics tonight. The devolpment at this stage compared to my HID's I would say is about a week ahead of my last two grows with the HID's.

A

akpaco

Here's a little more info about what I have going. White Widow strain in 5gal smart pots with Botanicare Readygro using the same Advanced Nutrients I did on my last two grows using HID except for the addition of CalMag/Bloom. Here are some pics I took last night. I would say at this point which is day 10 of flower, compared to my last two identical grows using HID's that the stigmas are much more developed. At this point with my HID's there were no visible stigmas on the plants. You also can see the difference in plant size from my first pic 10 days ago!

IMG 0016
IMG 0018
IMG 0022
IMG 0024
IMG 0026
IMG 0030
A

akpaco

Here's some pics I took earlier this week, which would be day 16 of flower. Everything is going pretty smooth. Not a whole lot to report. I'll take some more pics tonight.

IMG 3308 small
IMG 3312 small
IMG 3309 small
IMG 3310 small
IMG 3311 small
619ster

619ster

:hi:cool0044:Looks good to me. Great show! I'll be watching.:cool0034:

A

akpaco

Here's some pics from day 22 of flower. I added some Exhale Homegrown CO2 bags after hearing some positive reviews.

IMG 3315 small
IMG 3317 small
IMG 3318 small
IMG 3320 small
IMG 3321 small
IMG 3324 small
IMG 3325 small
IMG 3326 small
IMG 3327 small
IMG 3328 small
619ster

619ster

Just wondering, are you trying to produce what your 1000w were creating or are you just using the LEDs to see what they can do?

If weight is what you're after, I doubt you'll be satisfied comparing results to HIDs. Now if quality is what you're after, you may be in for a sweet surprise!

A

akpaco

Just wondering, are you trying to produce what your 1000w were creating or are you just using the LEDs to see what they can do?

If weight is what you're after, I doubt you'll be satisfied comparing results to HIDs. Now if quality is what you're after, you may be in for a sweet surprise!

619, I definitely was curious to see what the LED's could do. But my main reason for switching was safety related. I had four 1000W HID's in my crawlspace at 300+ degrees a piece, a little unnerving. I definitely have realistic expectations. One thing have to say, so far it has simplified my grow as far as temps go which was another big pain in the ass! So unless my yield is a total bust I think I'll be sticking with the LED's. And so far I don't anticipate that!

T

Turk

619, I definitely was curious to see what the LED's could do. But my main reason for switching was safety related. I had four 1000W HID's in my crawlspace at 300+ degrees a piece, a little unnerving. I definitely have realistic expectations. One thing have to say, so far it has simplified my grow as far as temps go which was another big pain in the ass! So unless my yield is a total bust I think I'll be sticking with the LED's. And so far I don't anticipate that!
I understand you a 100%. I've been dying to grow for personal use but i have a 15 month old son so the heat and electrical fires or whatever from the Hids kinda scares me also. I love Bud but my kids safety has to come first. In my inexperienced stage i'd rather try LED so I don't burn the house down. God forbid. Love your setup by the way. Thats a huge crawl space! Whats it under a mansion?

A

akpaco

I understand you a 100%. I've been dying to grow for personal use but i have a 15 month old son so the heat and electrical fires or whatever from the Hids kinda scares me also. I love Bud but my kids safety has to come first. In my inexperienced stage i'd rather try LED so I don't burn the house down. God forbid. Love your setup by the way. Thats a huge crawl space! Whats it under a mansion?

Thanks Turk! No mansion, that's one of the reasons I went LED. I share a wall with my neighbor. Not only do I not want to burn my place down I really don't want to have to explain it to my neighbors! If I was you for personal use I would get yourself a little tent setup with an LED. I'm not sure there's a better small scale combo for growing then that. My MagPlus Led runs on either 110/220 so that gives people a lot more options. I'm new to both growing and Led's. If I can give you any info from my experience so far don't hesitate to ask!

A

akpaco

Day 29! This week did a bunch more staking as my colas are filling in nicely! I wasn't able to locate one of those Co2 kits to check on my Exhale bags. I'll continue to look for on as I'm curious as to how much Co2 they're putting out?

IMG 3331 small
IMG 3332 small
IMG 3333 small
IMG 3334 small
IMG 3336 small
A

akpaco

Day 55 end of week 7. At this point I'm not seeing any difference from this grow with the MagPlus Led's to my 1000W HID's as far as devolpment goes. I do definitely see a difference in the density and the trichomes. That could be attributed to the lack of temperature swings I have now using the Led's. Only a couple more weeks!!

IMG 3364 small
IMG 3365 small
IMG 3367 small
IMG 3369 small
IMG 3370 small
IMG 3374 small
IMG 3377 small
IMG 3381 small
619ster

619ster

Very nice! Props to you sir. Looking mighty scrumptious :P

Nobodynobody

Nobodynobody

What have you got in the past off of each LED light? What is the wattage the LED light pulls too? This grow so far for LED looks great and makes me wonder....

The Frost

The Frost

Great looking girls!
Do you happen to know who's WW that is? And are they all clones?
I was very tempted to head down the Led path as well for similar reasons, although with the possibility of vertical lighting down the track with the Hps im going to stick it out.
Im at the same point in flower with some of my girls, its great to watch.
Keep it up!

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Very Nice akpaco

Man, I wanna get me some of those lites

A

akpaco

This is my first LED grow. The MagPlus Led's are actual 357w.

Top Bottom