this can't be good...please help

• Thread starter burn4me
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
burn4me

burn4me

Alright i posted in my grow diary but felt it'd get better response here. So i have spotting on some growth. It looks to me like cal from pics on charts. But im super neand didnt want to treat it as such and be wrong. Then just compound the problem. Im due to water soon and was going to start by testing ph of run off but haven't yet because if it is cal/mag problems then wouldn't i have to water that in? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
This cant be goodplease help

This cant be goodplease help 2

PButter

PButter

RUN!!!
Supporter
My vote would be Calcium deficiency- although not too advanced. Recent transplant into different medium? May have different CEC than previous? Might need to catch up on Ca...

burn4me

burn4me

.I did transplant into ffof mix last week. CEC? Im lost on that one. I do use tap that sat out 48 hours. To dechlorinate. Any advice to help it out? Thought about watering with cal/mag to measure ph of run off. but worried of to much mag since it shows cal.

Black Lab

Black Lab

Why are you adding cal mag to tap water? I only add cal mag to RO water. Check the water company in your are. If they add chloramine to your water instead of just chlorine it won't gas off sitting out for 24 or 49 hours. Chloramine is chlorine bonded to ammonia and does not gas off well.

burn4me

burn4me

Why are you adding cal mag to tap water? I only add cal mag to RO water. Check the water company in your are. If they add chloramine to your water instead of just chlorine it won't gas off sitting out for 24 or 49 hours. Chloramine is chlorine bonded to ammonia and does not gas off well.
I haven't added it. I was talking about on my next watering using it with ro water. Ive done nothing yet. Not even watered because my soil towards bottom of pot is still slightly moist. I will water tomorrow but dont know if i should treat ro water with cal/mag to do so or just distilled. Im dine using tap. Would chloramine cause cal issues?

Black Lab

Black Lab

The chloramine is a disinfectant that is added to water in my area and will mess with your soil herd health, if nothing else. You will have to check with Sea or another Farmer for more specifics about what harm it will cause plant but I don't think it would cause a lock out of cal. Like you, I am still working on getting my water and nute schedule dialed in. I think I tend to over fertilize and am going to back off a little on that. I have been trying different soil mixes and that throws me off a little. I treat everything, good and bad, as part of the learning experience.

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Alright i posted in my grow diary but felt it'd get better response here. So i have spotting on some growth. It looks to me like cal from pics on charts. But im super neand didnt want to treat it as such and be wrong. Then just compound the problem. Im due to water soon and was going to start by testing ph of run off but haven't yet because if it is cal/mag problems then wouldn't i have to water that in? Any help would be greatly appreciated. View attachment 393089
View attachment 393090
Is that a seedling? I wouldn't worry much at all, just spray it with some seaweed or fulvic acid(don't mix those two!) and you can alternate a spraying with one or the other every few days. If that seems to get worse than worry but that isn't bad, transplanting can do things to plants, wait and see how she goes from her on a mild steady diet :cigar:

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
check your pH too, get some drops to add to knock the chloramine out...I'll check on the product but there are multiple water conditioner products out there for de-chlorinating water...

burn4me

burn4me

Is that a seedling? I wouldn't worry much at all, just spray it with some seaweed or fulvic acid(don't mix those two!) and you can alternate a spraying with one or the other every few days. If that seems to get worse than worry but that isn't bad, transplanting can do things to plants, wait and see how she goes from her on a mild steady diet :cigar:
yes it is a seedling. And i did just transplant maybe its not digging ffof mix. I do have one in same mix super happy healthy and sturdy though. And im watering tomorrow i will check ph and water with distilled

burn4me

burn4me

I hope to correct what ever it is. Thanks guys. Any other suspicions?

HookedonPonics

HookedonPonics

Yea id agree its probably not a cal mag issue if you were using tap. Its RO filters that usually strip cal mag and trace minerals out of your tap water. Since you just transplanted id say its a PH issue, especially because fox farm ocean forest is known for making plants funky unless its cut 50/50 with another more balanced soil mix. Go grab a soil ph kit from ace hardware and test the ffof ph. Also dont shit brick when your run off from the ocean forest makes your tds meter go bezerk. Next time try out vermifire, the stuff is great for people just starting out organics, I dont feed my vermifire anything but water and teas until day 21 of flower, no deficiencies whatsoever!

burn4me

burn4me

Ok so i watered today. It went in at 6.4 and came out at 5.7 for #1, 5.3 for #2, and 5.6 for #8.
#1has small amount of burning on one of bigger bottom fan leaves. #2 is of same strain im sure and has a bit bigger of same types of burning as #1 on 2 leaves. #8 is sativa-ish(longer pointed fan blades) and super happy healthy and sturdy as hell. Any clue now? Oh and soil ph meter was reading all at mid to upper 6s. I know its not dead on but i haven't got a digital one yet. I donr think its ph problem. Am i wrong? And the spots look like scorched holes on top. Hardly a trace on bottom. Im so lost.

Black Lab

Black Lab

Ok so i watered today. It went in at 6.4 and came out at 5.7 for #1, 5.3 for #2, and 5.6 for #8.
#1has small amount of burning on one of bigger bottom fan leaves. #2 is of same strain im sure and has a bit bigger of same types of burning as #1 on 2 leaves. #8 is sativa-ish(longer pointed fan blades) and super happy healthy and sturdy as hell. Any clue now? Oh and soil ph meter was reading all at mid to upper 6s. I know its not dead on but i haven't got a digital one yet. I donr think its ph problem. Am i wrong? And the spots look like scorched holes on top. Hardly a trace on bottom. Im so lost.
You're lost because you are over-thinking. We all tend to do this in the beginning and spend too much time worrying and focusing on every little thing. Your plant looks a little like nute burn and might recover as it grows. Your pH looks OK with readings like that.

burn4me

burn4me

You're lost because you are over-thinking. We all tend to do this in the beginning and spend too much time worrying and focusing on every little thing. Your plant looks a little like nute burn and might recover as it grows. Your pH looks OK with readings like that.
thanks. I am iver thinking. Im worried about my first grow. Apparently ive retained some info from research if i thought ph is fine and such. Im just worried.

Black Lab

Black Lab

thanks. I am iver thinking. Im worried about my first grow. Apparently ive retained some info from research if i thought ph is fine and such. Im just worried.
Join the club bro :) I think I read every posting on this site and some of them twice. There are some really knowledgeable growers on this site I have learned a lot from them. Just keep asking questions, people are always willing to help.
It is one fascinating hobby and there is so much to learn. You'll relax with a couple of successful grows behind you. Grow from seed and don't bring anything from outside into your garden might be the best advice I can give.

burn4me

burn4me

Thanks for calming my nerves bro. Positive vibes always help. Ill keep this updated for deficiency wise if it gets worse. Thanks again brother

burn4me

burn4me

Burns don't look bigger but do look a little worse. And i did see some residue on a couple leaves and it could be from tap water i used to mist. But i did treat it as pm so i mixed milk to water at 1:9 and misted under and top sides of all 3 plants. Idk what these burns are though

Top Bottom