This Coming Season Prep & Soil Mix

• Thread starter monstacropn
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
iKharon

iKharon

Just wondering since I am not a indoor grower but have put clones out a few times. If he has his plants under 24 hours inside, might they still want to flower under 18/6? Just wondering?
Nah.. they are wired for 12 hrs

monstacropn

monstacropn

If you move them outdoors without supplemental light they will most likely start flowering. Then re veg in June. Then flower again in August. Plants that do this have small yields of airy leafy, spindley buds. If you do it use the lights.
I've learned after cloning many plants that monster cropping is a much slower process on average an extra 2 weeks to a month and that's just cloning. So I figure a larger plant going through transition would in fact take a longer time and it could promote hermaph's from stress. So to some it up , it wouldn't be efficient to transfer to outdoor?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
It's what I would prefer had I a choice. The other way to approach is that, instead of adding light outside you can play around with interrupting the dark phase while indoors, keeping the photoperiod matched to the day you want to put them out. I used to use a daylight calculator tool, you need to know your latitude to use it, you figure out the total hours on the day you wish to put them out and match that. Then, interrupt the dark phase for 1-2hrs. Interruption can also be used outside, but it tends to stick out moreso than keeping the lights on for a couple of hours after dark.

Just wondering since I am not a indoor grower but have put clones out a few times. If he has his plants under 24 hours inside, might they still want to flower under 18/6? Just wondering?
IME, yes. IME, dropping by one hour can cause them to flip.

M

mendel

I veg at 16/8 and put out June 1 for full season. Fits my latitude perfectly. sea gave some great info there.

below frigid

below frigid

When I put clones outdoors I just put a couple of those cheap solar garden spotlight them. They come on at dusk and off by morning. Not a lot of light but enough. Turned them off end of July and Wallah flowers .

BudBogart

BudBogart

I can't speak for anyone else but I'm totally pumped up for this season! Please remember I'm in accordance with California laws and fallow them to a "T!" Ok for the size it's 19 feet wide and 43 feet long. Each plant will have 2.5 feet in each direction to spread out and all are surrounded with watering motes, these motes are leveled out to drain at the lowest end of field, to prevent water saturation, stagnant water, and root drowning. Leveling it out was a hard and tedious task.
The soil, is composed of 3 10 lb bags of small pearl lite & 1 15 lb. bag of large, 4 20 lbs bags of chicken manure, 7 20 lbs. bags of steer manure, 5 40 lbs bags of non-nutrient potting soil, 1 40 lb bag of rose bloom soil rich with bone meal, and shredded news paper to attract worms and their castings. This sounds like a large amount of additives but for the area used it may even be light. It smelled great too " sarcasm" anyways after spreading it all even over grow area I rototilled it with 2 separate laps of 2 thoroughly mix all making a kickass soil mix!
The field itself is aligned for maximum sunlight and out of the public eye and will be fenced off to keep out children, thieves, and animals. I would like to thank you for your time and any ideas you might have!View attachment 660826 View attachment 660827

Great to see someone else pumped to have an awesome grow this season. I admire the work you have already put into it. My garden area had snow on it until it just got rained off.
With the attention that your are obviously willing to commit to this season here in Northern California your plants are going to be really crowded together.
If I understand, your rototilled improved soil is spread evenly across your 800 square feet, then trenches into 4-4 square. You plan on irrigating by filling the trench with water. That is going to adversely affect your ability to weed the inner plants, take off dead leaves, check for insects, etc. etc. except when the irrigation trench is dry enough to walk through.
A well maintained outdoor garden in NorCal can easily demand 8 feet between plants. Last year my garden was planted only 6 feet across. Still too close together to get maximum light to all the buds, too close to walk between and too close to individually net each plant once they outgrow their 3 foot wide cages.
It seems early enough and easy enough to reconfigure your planting area and you may want to consider modifying it a bit.
i guess it could depend on the strain.
Either way, I hope you a tremendous success in your grow this year.

monstacropn

monstacropn

OK after a ton of work I switched the floor plan around for 7.5 ' grow area per plant and walkways for maintenance also a 6' chain link fence that was fun my first time ever lol Anyways here's the link

MirrorZen

MirrorZen

Nice video going to be a good season for sure, I will be growing 4 bushes myself :)

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Perfect! You may still run out of room but this is going to be better for a longer period of time.

Have you got your Hortonova trellis and green plant tape yet? Also, instead of t-stakes, we went with metal conduit with the end cut off at an angle, pounded in. Works pretty damn well and costs much less than t-stakes.

Top Bottom