This could be fun huh?

• Thread starter highroller
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

highroller

Premium Member
Supporter
Was wandering aimlessly on the net when I came across these. Be kinds neat to give it a go just for grins. :passingjoint:

F

Fear

I thought that when I saw the commercial on tv. Actually a couple people asked me if i thought it would work. I don't see why not.

A

asil

I've tried them on tomatoes and they really don't even really work all that well for them in my experience so I doubt they would be good for pot. I've also read posts on other sites saying they didnt work out all that well for cannabis.

P

Pyro G.

Just saw an infomercial about those pots just last night. Im actually thinking of trying one out.

H

highroller

Premium Member
Supporter
Yeah...you saw that too huh? I don't see why it wouldn't work either. I don't know about all the claims of gravity fed nutrients and all that...lol. Not sure it works like that, but it would be fun just to screw around. When I grew mushrooms I used to innoculate all kinds of weird containers and fruit them out. Like strawberry baskets, milk crates and even a shopping cart full of substrate. Aaah, simple pleasures for simple minds. lol!

F

Fear

Hey highroller were shrooms easy to grow and were they magic.

R

ReelBusy1

Was wandering aimlessly on the net when I came across these. Be kinds neat to give it a go just for grins. :passingjoint:

i've got tomatoes on the porch growing in a Topsy turvy.
they are delicious.
They work but for mj delivering light is awkward.

D

Donk Frog

think of the wasted grow room space you could fill .....on the ground and in the air.......as for gravity thing well rotating garden work well (omega garden, roto-garden so why not these...hang a few in you grow room farmers and post pics...lol

S

StonedOwl

No matter what MJ will grow to the light and away from gravity right?

I guess that would not be so bad, the MJ would just grow up the side of the bucket. I don't really see any advantage over regular pots though.

M

MIZZ ELVIS

I havent tried these before, because I figured the plants would simply orientate themselves towards the sun/light and in essence grow the same as any other plant except it would start upside down. Just like tying plants down or with supercropping, eventually the plant begins to right themselves toward the light again. So in theory you could keep your lights on the ground and grow inverted, but I dont see the advantage as its the same thing as a normal garden just upside down......???????

MileHighChic

MileHighChic

The funny thing is I got one of these things at Wal-mart and was going to put my tomato plant in it. Now...I'm thinking of putting my Agent Orange to grow in it.....wonder what that would look like?

diyJunkie

diyJunkie

I've been thinking about this for a while now, this product is the solution to my idea...

No matter what MJ will grow to the light and away from gravity right?

Now what if you turned it all upside down... Why make to the light and away from gravity different...

I've wanted to try growing with lighting underneath, plants grow down so they don't have to fight gravity to hold up their buds. Seems like it might be less stressful to the plant.

Anyone know if it would work if you hung those from the ceiling and put cooltubes on the ground facing up? Turning your grow upside down ;)

M

Mr.PurplePumpkn

These guys dont really work that well* altho they do work, its just another Billy Banks Oxy Clean, Shammie sham, that people will want to try out

You can grow tomatoes in them and the plants will fruit but for something like an indeterminate type, i doubt you get any subsequent fruitings, not only do you limit the amount of root space, you force the roots to grow up against gravity...using more energy than is necessary also you alter the flow of hormones, the mechinisms that control them, as well as many cell to cell communication channels

Gravitropism I believe is what many of you are talking about in response to the plant growing towards the light... fungi do the same, theres even a speices that has a compound lens, sort of like a very primitive insect eye, that can orientate itself towards the light, thus increasing the chance for healthy spore dissemination and future growth.

Statoliths and Statocytes also play a major roll, i just read up again on this in my Post Harvest Class this year in College, o yeah getting a edumacation...

Statocytes are cells, amylopasts to be more percise, for those who dont already know are store houses for starch, that contain "statoliths" which can actually sense the orinetation of the plant in realation to gravity. They mainly alter hormone transfer, esp. auxins, and a whole bunch of other stuff yall dont care to know... anywho

Back to the tomato... it works but the bag heats up super fast, since theres no cooling buffer around, like a soil profile... thats why they sell the automatic feeder with it, your going to need a daily water due to increased evapotranspiration since your basically putting a moist cool substrate in a bag... which is going to draw heat from the surroundings in...

Stick with Mother Nature, she hasnt gone wrong yet...for most of us anyway :stonedsmilie:

H

highroller

Premium Member
Supporter
Well, it was just an idea for a novelty grow...I'm gonna try it with that in mind. I'm curious as to how/if it will affect the growth hormones and if the plant would sort of LST itself and just to see what the structure would be of a plant grown upside down. like I said, just for grins. I'm interested to see anyone else's attempts at it as well, so if anyone does it, post up some pics, eh?:sign0005:

edited to say, with the above intentions stated, we should start a poll to enquire: do you think it will grow up the sides and toward the light or down with upturned leaves? Not very scientific I know, but you get the idea...:)

TrailerTrash

TrailerTrash

I know someone using this ..topsy turvy.

well...the water can drip downward,be carefull.

compared to the same media...in a 15 gallon.

15 gallon is winning by 8 inches.

but...its all in da flower...well see.

H

highroller

Premium Member
Supporter
Interesting TT. I take it the 15 gallon pot is a standard nursery pot on the floor? Have you seen the plant in the "topsy turvy" or pics of it? What can you tell us about the growth characteristics of the plant?

Top Bottom