This cupboad design aims to passively cool hydroponic reservoirs and nearly double light output

• Thread starter HydroLynx
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
HydroLynx

HydroLynx

Here is my cupboard design. I installed a physical barrier between the root zone and above ground parts because roots need a much cooler environment. I want to keep the top zone at 26C and the root zone at most 21C.

ALSO here's the best part: because the barrier is WHITE it means I can use A FRACTION OF LED POWER esp at the beginning of the grow cycle.

It's version 1 so there is room for improvement: It's just 1 piece of white ABS sheet so far, so perhaps adding styrofoam sheet and mylar will make more of a solid insulator. Currently it's not as effective I think with plants that are still small and light hits the table and warms it and the root zone too, but dimming the LED down to 20-30% makes up for it and also bounces light back onto the plants quite a bit so justifying that low LED output. The air pump seems to add lots of heat tho too.
This cupboad design aims to passively cool hydroponic reservoirs and nearly double light outpu 3

This cupboad design aims to passively cool hydroponic reservoirs and nearly double light outpu
This cupboad design aims to passively cool hydroponic reservoirs and nearly double light outpu 2

JSH1973

JSH1973

Supporter
That's a really cool setup, you just gave me an idea for the garage :-)

Top Bottom