This frog wants to make a home in my pot

• Thread starter redog
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

redog

I found this little guy burrowing a hole in this planter and took him and threw him in the woods only to have him come back three times now.Don't want to kill the thing but jeez.Wonder why he wants to make a hole in this pot???????

Frog in my pot
Zombo

Zombo

I think that is a toad and not a frog.
It might be digging a hole to have its babies in.
Doubt it will hurt anything.
Toads are good,they eat a lot of bugs.

R

rottenjohn

I'd let the little terd, um toad stay, get a small bowl and fill it with water so it can submerge itself in it. THey are good luck in gardens. Those little buggers eat a ton of insects. Kinda fun to watch when they are active as well.

B

Bullwinklemoose

Hey redog, I'd put a pot with medium next to that one, and adopt the little fella. Or is it only that pot he likes?

L

Lost

I agree with rotten john. I would put a bowl of water in the pot and basiclly write off the plant if need be (I doubt it'll harm it!). He's giving you good vibes fo sho!

R

redog

Alright, you guys have convinced me to let him be.
Not sure I like the idea of toad eggs in the planter though.
Putting out a water bowl for a toad. . . . . . . I must be going looney.

BOSSMAN88188

BOSSMAN88188

That is real cool.
the only time I used fox farm's happy frog soil.
I swear to god there was a frog in it.
my wife saw it too. At first he scared the hell out of me.
Without thinking it all the way through I toosed him outside.
I like the plantless pot idea.

B

blackone

It's not gonna lay any eggs in your pot - toads lay their eggs in water.
It might appreciate a place to hide - an upside-down pot with an entrance hole dug under the side would be cool.

B

Blacckie

oh no...

don't toads have some sort of toxins that come out of their back??

R

Rolln J

don't toads have some sort of toxins that come out of their back??

yes so dont lick the toad whatever you do!

I had a treefrog find his way into my indoor grow, found him dead in my reservoir - lucky me!

T

thc4sim

Frog Toad whatever he is, he's found a nice spot to chill out,
is it still around?

R

redog

yea,

but it no longer trys to bury itself in these pots.
I transplanted all of them into Miracle Grow Potting Soil from Miracle Grow Organic.Don't know if that had anything to do with it.I had put out a small thing of water for the little bugger also about the same time.
So who knows.

M

Mox

Yea definitely let him stay. I marvel at the whole ecosystem that outdoor plants create with all the water. I have seen frogs, snakes, all kinds of insects and spiders. I have even seen a huge albino praying mantis on one of my plants :) I dont know why hummingbirds and bees like em but they sometimes hang around also. The plants seem to be healthy, so the critters must help :)

R

redog

Mox

I'd like to see that Albino Praying Mantis.
This plant doesn't look as good as it did a month ago.All the purple pistils are gone and fewer new ones have appeared.Someone here told me after the second set appears I should start looking for the color change in the trich's.
I've lost one lower nugget to a caterpillar and I am kind of concerned about the spider webs I see in the photos I take in the mornings.
Also,my fingers no longer smell of bubblegum after touching.More of a lemon pine smell now.
The other mystery strain I have really smells of Pine Sol cleaner.
I nicked a discarded Lottery display station from a local convenience store and plan on making it a cabinet for harvest/curing.

B

bicycle racer

fear fear caterpillars they will destroy your grow if there was one carefully check for more. spinosad works well for them and wont hurt you or the toad lol. i have used it on flowers in an emergency and it had no negative effect.

T

the man with no

frogs good in ya pot - he will keep them caterpillars at bay.... i got spiders guarding mine - wanna trade?

Latest posts

Top Bottom