This Girls A Virgin Grower Hydroponic Dwc Looking For Nutrient Helpful Tips

• Thread starter beginner
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

beginner

got a dwc bucket 3 gallon, general hydroponics Flora 3 part nutrient series, have seen a million different feed schedules and am looking for any guidance on nutrient levels and also when to add Hydroguard to my bucket? I know I'm suppose to mix micro, grow, then bloom, then do my PH check, but does the Hydroguard get added after that or should I put it in bucket before? Also when would I add secondary nutrients like Calimagic

fatawa

fatawa

Not trying to mix u up but u know only 2 get mixd at a time right?grow n veg,bloom n flower..and u add hydrogaurd b4 doing ph.all nutes get mixd,check with tds meter to get ppms,then ph last

B

beginner

Not trying to mix u up but u know only 2 get mixd at a time right?grow n veg,bloom n flower..and u add hydrogaurd b4 doing ph.all nutes get mixd,check with tds meter to get ppms,then ph last

no I didn't know that? the feed schedules Ive looked at all had a little bit of everything at all stages just at different levels, so thank you could u please explain further

H

heisen

Do yourself a favor and forget all the cocktails.Do yourself a bigger favor and get a 1/10th water chiller to tie into your 3 bucket system.Than you can forget about all the peroxides and cleaners.just keep the temps below 70 and you can concentrate on your nutes.Start 1/4 strength on what the charts tell you.Those charts are set up if your running CO2.If your not than just start low and watch your plants for signs of over nutes.
I always put my water in the system and know exactly how much water it holds.Than multiply it by ML per gallon.I always add 2ML calmagic first before anything on young plants and watch for calmag deficiencies
If you start to see brown spots on your leaves and you know your PH is in a range that the plants can obtain it than up to 3ML per gallon.I have never had to go over 4ML per gallon of calimagic.3 always seemed to be best untill they get into a heavy stretch than you can up to 4 for those couple weeks.
Next i add in floralicious plus 1ML per gallon.This wont raise your PPM much so i just always keep it in.So multiply your total gallon and add in the floralicious to a gallon jug.Fill the jug half way with tap water and mix it up good.pour into your system.Next mix the grow to 1/4 strength of whats on the chart and add it in.
do it the same way.add it to a gallon jug and fill about half way.Never dump nutes straight into the system.they wont mix right.
last use 1ML per gallon of rapidstart.
All i use is calimagic,floralicious plus,floranova grow,rapid start till i start bloom..
After i switch to flower i start using floranova bloom and liquid koolbloom,and drop rapid start.You dont want roots going into the tubes they will clog your sytem up and rapid strart is good for building roots.
Also trim off any roots that are unusually long.You dont need them long ass roots.
The last strain i grew i never got over 1000PPM during full stretch and bloom.
I was up to 750 PPM all through veg.
YOU have to watch your plants and they will tell you what they are liking.If you are seeing yellow tips and clawing your way to high.Back it off.empty a few gallons from the system and just add water.But remember when you take gallons out you have to add the calmagic back in or they will throw up a calmag definciency quick.ALWAYS keep your calmag ratio the same no matter what.Plants will not thrive without it.

Sorry if my grammar sucks i just never liked english class and my spelling and grammar sucks.But i can grow the shit out of MMJ
Dont skimp on the chiller.If your in DWC its mandatory IMO to avoid losing your whole grow to pithiam or some other fungus

H

heisen

Also if your plants are looking good than you can up there dose.Do not up floralicious or rapid start.1ML per gallon is max for all you need of them 2.The only thing i up is the grow.
A good way to tell (NOT ALWAYS) is check your PPM after you add nutes and wait 24 hrs.If the PPM goes down than they are telling you they are eating more than your giving.If your PH drops crazy and PPM goes up than your over feeding.The plants will tell you.Look at the new growth and not the old.Take pictures daily so you can study old and new growth.It will tell you everything and record everyhting on a little pad and write it all down.You will see a pattern for your plants and before long you can dial them in so nice it wont even be any work.It will be like making a sandwich.
Start a grow journal on here and write everything down daily.I use them to go back and study what i did and how that strain did.I find its better to record it here for future reference for myself.I mean other people read them but they are really for me lol

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I answer your questions for you correctly.. if your using 3 part and not the flora grow and bloom 2 part, then you mix 2 ml of calmag, then you micro, then your grow, then your bloom, then your floralicious, then your nectar, ph, the hydrogaurd 2ml.... 5.8 use the dtw feed chart for gh... its got less calmag and its a little lower ec...

I run a couple rdwc systems and a couple stand alone dwc buckets and i run the exact same nutes... Pretty much i do exactly what your getting ready to try! Good luck... if you got any questions, i try to help...

And always your micro nutrients first,....

http://gh.growgh.com/docs/Feedcharts/GH_FloraSeries-DTW_03216am.pdf

WIN 20170323 21 16 32 Pro
WIN 20170327 20 43 44 Pro
WIN 20170327 20 43 53 Pro
20160908 003119
EventHorizan

EventHorizan

well they are only 4 weeks old.... Well the auto in the middle is 99 days old, but the clones are only a month old
my bad the clones are the very bottom pic in black buckets... Above it were the mothers in coco transferred to dwc to to flower everything out and start something new with my cmh630 next run.. im so looking forward to compare in that to my 1k hps...

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Thank You all so very much, and those plants look AMAZING
Your welcome and thank you... Btw,, eventho heisenbubble is ribbing me and it pains me not to rib him back,, lol he is well aware of what he is doing or advising... just dont add calmag after the 3 part tho.. and i think he might have recommended a chiller,, is a good advice if yo plan to make some pesos.. If not, and its just personal grow, i still would make it rdwc, cause that 10x as simple to care for, and you could use beenies with your hydrogaurd once a week... i run 69 without a chiller and i run beenies and hydrogaurd.

H

heisen

Your welcome and thank you... Btw,, eventho heisenbubble is ribbing me and it pains me not to rib him back,, lol he is well aware of what he is doing or advising... just dont add calmag after the 3 part tho.. and i think he might have recommended a chiller,, is a good advice if yo plan to make some pesos.. If not, and its just personal grow, i still would make it rdwc, cause that 10x as simple to care for, and you could use beenies with your hydrogaurd once a week... i run 69 without a chiller and i run beenies and hydrogaurd.
Don't hit the like on a lot of post around here but when I do it usually has your name in it lol.

H

heisen

I've added calmag after the 3 part if I dilute it enough.the issue is if you add 2ml per gallon of calmag than decide to drop ppm and empty half the system to get ppm down,now your plants only have 1ml per gallon of calmag.unless you dump the whole thing and start over.im.dealing with 50 gallon reservoirs so would get expensive.I just add back the calmag for every gallon I take out to reduce ppm.it works good and I never have calcium issue.I notice when calmag levels are good plants really theive

Latest posts

Top Bottom