This is a CalMg deficiency only, right?

• Thread starter TreyAnastasio
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

Kamisama

Question is the subject. Running these gmo x grandpa breath for 1st time. Gifted to me in bio365 soil. Ive heard mix reviews but figured I'd go with it for the experience as well.

Transplanted into 8gal pots & given only water for 14 days. Approx day 10 I notice leaf showing sign of deficiency. Just dosed woth GH calmag yesterday & hoping this should clear up in a week or so.

Will the stems recover back to healthy green? They look very super dark purple.

I like to think they already look better 24hrs later but outside eyes beat my rose-colored glasses any day! Lol.

Thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated. Novice grower looking to improve & learn. Thanks in advanced.
Looks like calcium or PH problem. Calcium is immobile, while magnesium is mobile nutrient. Also theres other relationships...

Screenshot 1

Fromunda506

Fromunda506

Def not a calcium problem if it’s showing up or worse in the lower canopy/older leaves. Ca is immobile. Hits the points where the plant is growing. Deficiencies in old leaves generally the plant taking up mobile nutes from them or another issue. Ca may well be doing more harm than good because it can antagonize uptake of other nutrients and can buffer the ph up too high. To me she looks hungry and maybe a bit overlit. Don’t know what lighting you are using, but 18-24” can fry plants under leds. The attitude of the upper leaves look like light stress, but the lowers look hungry to the point of eating themselves. More food, less lighting or a bit of both imo. Good luck getting her sorted. Cheers

T

TreyAnastasio

Calcium is an immobile nutrient, it's deficiency symptoms show at the top. This is hard science. Do not take advice from experts continually overlook the basic day one stuff.

This is Manganese toxicity aka sudden crash syndrome

View attachment 2135918
Looking into the manganese toxicity it says that if the veins of the leaf are purple its an indicator of something other than manganese. The veins on these (affected leaves) are very purple. Just an FYI.

Screenshot 20240316 124721 Chrome
20240316 124908
20240316 124945
20240316 124915

Latest posts

Top Bottom