This is my first grow, how does it look so far?

• Thread starter Dextromaniac
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Chobble

Chobble

Alright its your first grow, and if its in a good guerilla spot your going to have a bit of a hike ahead of you.

Kens the master about these parts when it comes to make shift greenhouse's etc. Listen to him, Speaking of that I need to pick his brain on the matter :P.

My advise when it comes to amending your soil is Gauno. Gauno makes soil golden. If its good grassland soil that has plenty of nitrogen and organic material then dont worry about adding in potting soil your plants will grow fine for the most part.

*Gauno is high in Nutes your plant needs in both Flower and veg, which is why I recommend it as a simple additive to grow better pot cheaply.

Yet again, Thats only if you dont want to lug in bags of soil.

Each one of your plants should have a 2x2x2 hole minimum of tilled soil each. So investing in a good ol' fashion army hiking shovel is a great choice.

You want to atleast let the seeds sprout up at your house if you can, if you cant then build a little structure, In my experince the cheapest is a makeshift stick green house with some thin plastic like used on hoop houses etc.

Chobble

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
When your a poor dirt farmer like me, ....ya gots ta Mcguyver stuff :D

Thanks Chobble...Im no master...just a jack. :)

soserthc1

soserthc1

I never thought about cloning i'll have to look into that. i really should build an enclosure like the one above shouldn't be hard at all.

A question about clones, before I read about them How long do they have to grow before i can clone them? If i just grew two of them to clone would I end up with something like 5 or so plants by the end of this growing season?

Right now after the thought of clones I think I may just buy 10 Fem'd seeds of Skunk #1 And clone two afghans seems like a good idea :) Gives me 30 extra bucks for soil.

Has anybody ever used Hyponex or have any objections? Over on GS site ive been told its crap, may not be 100% organic buttt its pretty much the only thing from walmart i can find that does not have added nutes or fertalizer
you would need to veg the plant inside and once it is about 18-24 in take cutting of off it but its to late for that now... if your plants survive where you put them you could clone outside and bring in just be careful of pest... but it's kinda mute bein you can not keep them in a house anyway.... so just do you best on your outside grow - read all the info you can get and see what happens... after all you could always get more beans........good luck ....soser

D

Dextromaniac

my grow will now only be those 12 afghan seeds I cant pay internationally for those other seeds so I'm just sticking to these with a few bagseed's and spending the $100 on soil.. I am making a little shelter I found a nice big old sheet of thin plastic that covors a big wall picture frame so I am going to make a little box frame, nail that to it than put 4 legs on and just put my cups under it at my grow for them to sprout.

I'm going to get my soil today from lowes hopefully I can find kellogg patio plus. I already have one afghani sprouted and its in the most horrible soil but hey its growin! I guess afghan just dont give a fuck it will grow =D i doubt I will have any real problems germinating them and getting them to sprout but I will keep you all informed on how things are going.

I just went up to my grow today to check things out make sure the fence holds up and its doin its work looks like somethin ran into it but it did not break, and i failed to notice the little branches above my spot that sorta blocks 40% of my 5pm to whenever sun-down is so sadly I'll have to do a little tree limb pruning, but gatta do what i gatta do I was really hopin not to destroy any of the current surrounding nature but, I think its for a good cause and it wont really hurt the tree :)

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Right on Dex...Go for bro.

I start most of my stuff inside...but These seedlings went outside as soon as they germ-ed in their jiffy plugs
They even got rained on when they were a week old.

Greengold5 4

bout two weeks old now

You'll do fine out there Dex.

Chobble

Chobble

my grow will now only be those 12 afghan seeds I cant pay internationally for those other seeds so I'm just sticking to these with a few bagseed's and spending the $100 on soil.. I am making a little shelter I found a nice big old sheet of thin plastic that covors a big wall picture frame so I am going to make a little box frame, nail that to it than put 4 legs on and just put my cups under it at my grow for them to sprout.

I'm going to get my soil today from lowes hopefully I can find kellogg patio plus. I already have one afghani sprouted and its in the most horrible soil but hey its growin! I guess afghan just dont give a fuck it will grow =D i doubt I will have any real problems germinating them and getting them to sprout but I will keep you all informed on how things are going.

I just went up to my grow today to check things out make sure the fence holds up and its doin its work looks like somethin ran into it but it did not break, and i failed to notice the little branches above my spot that sorta blocks 40% of my 5pm to whenever sun-down is so sadly I'll have to do a little tree limb pruning, but gatta do what i gatta do I was really hopin not to destroy any of the current surrounding nature but, I think its for a good cause and it wont really hurt the tree :)
Afghani is one of my favorite strains, Its also a breeze to grow just keep em nice and dry :D. They like to eat a lot so brew some Guano tea's for em.

Chobble

D

Dextromaniac

guano tea plus my neem cake I think i'll have some real happy plants =D

afghan fucks me up, and I have not had afghan in forrevverrr my home grown is gonna fuck me up lol, cant wait to roll it up in a blunt

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

I think I'll grab a 4 pound bag of http://www.walmart.com/ip/FoxFarm-Happy-Frog-High-Phosphorus-Bat-Guano-Fertilizer/19684822 since its at my walmart xD I also bought 10 pounds of neem cake, and a 10 pound bag of worm castings, and a few bags of perlite

Lucky you, my local Wal-Mart doesn't sell Fox Farm anything. I have to drive 30 min to the closest hydro shop to get most of my stuff. I have a question, how much was the 10 lb. bag of worm castings? Thanx in advance

D

Dextromaniac

I did not buy the worm castings yet..i wanted to be sure i had enough money on my card for the 10 lbs neem cake perlite, and peat moss. I believe the 10 lbs bag of worm castings was about..23-30 bucks.

I just bought 3 bags of MG peat moss and Schultz perlite all bags are 8 quarts will this be enough to ammend my native soil and dig 6-7 maybe even 8 holes that are 3x3x3 feet, or should I scale them down to 2x2x2 feet? With my Neem cake i will be using as a top dressing along with a top layer of mulch..I think this should be enough..maybe?

I wish I could have bought the Canadian Peat moss but they were all sold out and I have all my seeds germinated and they need to be planted today so, I had no choice. At least I did not buy the Miracle grow perlite =D

And the internet lied to me they did not have that bat guano but I'm going to order it from walmart.com and have it shipped to my walmart and pick it up there for free.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Worm castings not bag for about $25, I think the 2x2x2 will be plenty big for each plant. Thats 8 cubic feet which I think is over 20 gallons (not sure of the exact amount). So a 20+ gallon hole gives your roots alot of growing space they should be big plants. Now for the neem cake being enough I'm not sure I have never used it before, but 10 lbs. sounds like enough :)

D

Dextromaniac

10 lbs will definitly be enough, since neem cake should never be mixed into the soil its just used as a topping, 1 and a half to 2 cups per hole should be enough, and I can distill a cup of neem cake in water to spray the plants stomas =D

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

What exactly is the neem cake for? does it prevent mites, mildew and fungi?

D

Dextromaniac

neem cake is a bionuutrient a biofungicide and a bioincecticide so those aint spelled right but you can sound them out lol. basically it slowly releases nitrogen which really helps out for growth in both the plant and the buds during the flowering stage but when its before that stage it really helps it grow, and its a good remedy to kill off any pests or infections. And when you spray it onto the stomas of the plant after distilling it in water i dont remember what it does but it really gives the plant what it needs to grow really big and healthy.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
that neem cake sounds like good stuff

AGRO-NEEMCAKE is an OMRI Listed soil supplement that loosens, aerates, and adds nutrition to the soil. It is composed of neem kernels left over from the neem oil extraction process — the "neem cake", which has been shown to be effective for plant parasitic nematode control. Agro - Neemcake is also a fertilizer, containing NPK: 5 -1-1. It can be used on crops, on golf courses, or in greenhouses or gardens. Usually it is mixed into the soil to a depth of 6-8 inches before planting, but it can be applied to existing plants. Since it is slow release, multiple irrigations might be needed before results are seen. Under normal conditions, only one application is needed.

D

Dextromaniac

it is great stuff im surprised with its low cost and effectiveness its not more common and used in more grows. 10 bucks for 5 pounds or 71 bucks for 50 pounds its pretty cheap

Top Bottom