this is so much more difficult doing it outdoors

• Thread starter baron1212
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

baron1212

I had my plants growing better than any other time ive grown.The plants were taking heavy nute and lots of water every day.And then WHAM,sercurity breach!Had to move them about an hr. away frm my home.So now they dont get no where near enuff light or my attention.The whole deal has slowed growth to a crawl.I was so excited with the grow until i had to move it.But i now see how much more light there was from being outdoor.I use 1000 watters too.The whole deal has me excited about learning th outdoor/greenhouse part of growing.My grows are for my use only.I cant afford to pay th crazy prices th people want,plus i have a son to raise so i cant just piss money away.I need th cannabis for many medical reasons from migranes,to joint pain,,ect..Ive got a titanium rod in my leg that hurts no stop.Cannabis has helped me stop th insane cycle of opiate abuse,which came from all th motorcycle,and extreme sports accidents,ive had over th last 30 years.

K

kolah

Outdoor growing in inexpensive and with some savvy you can grow killer weed.

Some plants really get shocked when moved.... especially if there is a difference in sunlight. Yours will adjust, just give them time.

For future grows you may want to start with using whatever soil is available, take a pH reading (adjust if needed to 6.5) and see how they grow. Experiment. No need to spend hundreds of dollars on buying fancy soil mixes and other high priced amendments if the soil you have is quite good. You may have to buy a bit of liquid fert to help them along. Look at making your own composts, using grass grazing animal manure, human urine, earthworms, wood chips, egg shells and anything else you can gather up for free.

I planted some leftover seedlings on a old dirt pile that was left from digging my 8 foot deep root cellar. I never checked pH and added nothing to the soil and popped them in there just to see how they would do. To my amazement they are kicking ass and they are in their first few weeks of flower and show zero signs of deficiencies. I have 4 plants on that hill and they are thriving and the only thing I did was put some fine metal fencing around it to keep critters out. Good Luck!

Heres a pic. I used an old swing-set which I will cover in plastic once the nights get too cold here. That Love-Bud on the right is about 4 foot high and popping out big buds. If you are lucky to get some good water holding soil you hardly have to water them, just a good soaking every now and then. I usually watch and read the plants and only water once the top shoots start to droop. IMO that is a good indicator when to water and curbs people from overwatering. Watering outdoors is very different then watering pots.
Dcp 3857

ghost79

ghost79

I had my plants growing better than any other time ive grown.The plants were taking heavy nute and lots of water every day.And then WHAM,sercurity breach!Had to move them about an hr. away frm my home.So now they dont get no where near enuff light or my attention.The whole deal has slowed growth to a crawl.I was so excited with the grow until i had to move it.But i now see how much more light there was from being outdoor.I use 1000 watters too.The whole deal has me excited about learning th outdoor/greenhouse part of growing.My grows are for my use only.I cant afford to pay th crazy prices th people want,plus i have a son to raise so i cant just piss money away.I need th cannabis for many medical reasons from migranes,to joint pain,,ect..Ive got a titanium rod in my leg that hurts no stop.Cannabis has helped me stop th insane cycle of opiate abuse,which came from all th motorcycle,and extreme sports accidents,ive had over th last 30 years.
I had the same thing happen baron 1212, a breach in security is damn right! Someone stole 3 plants of the 20 that I had so I moved them, to a nearby local about 1/4 mile away. I know it's not much of a move, but for now there safe. In that I had to move them I had to interrupt the night cycle, because I wasn't exactly going to be moving them during the daytime. Anyways, yeah the lack of attention is big time important I think. I'm at my garden almost every day doing something, or at least every other day! The interruption of the photoperiod (dark cycle) and the stress of moving them is going to slow growth and maturity time, and perhaps even lessen the yield. However, I'm not saying my crop and yours are shot completely, but don't expect the best yield either. Personally, I'm experiencing slow growth, substantially less yield, but that's also because of the fungal disease that has been attacking my garden for awhile now. That's key too to the overall yield. However, I have noticed a difference in growing indoors and outdoors, and I mostly grow outdoors. The difference I notice is the maturation time when growing outdoors compared to growing indoors. It seems to me to take a much longer time to mature growing outdoors. Anyhow, best of luck bros w/ everything!;)

B

baron1212

they are staring to put on sum size now.I just was thinking it would be about th same flowering,Im wondering if they are going to do a ton more budding in these last 3 to 4 weeks?

B

baron1212

last reply was all screwed up just a little spacey right now

B

baron1212

thumbs up to whoever got th dab trend goin!Im in luv with BHO.Sometimes its th only way i can get baked.

ghost79

ghost79

they are staring to put on sum size now.I just was thinking it would be about th same flowering,Im wondering if they are going to do a ton more budding in these last 3 to 4 weeks?[/quote The last 2 weeks of the flowering cycle are the most important! That's when they put most of their wheight on and potency, is within the last 2 weeks. So, the answer to your question is yes these last 3 to 4 weeks are significant. You're trying to reach maximum potency (THC content). Buy yourself a hand held magnifying illuminated microscope (60x-100x), and inspect the maturity of the buds by looking at the development and stage of the THC glands or "stalked THC trichomes". When the top ball part of the stalked trichomes are mostly creamy white is peak ripeness ( Time to Harvest)!!!;)

Top Bottom