This light or that light

• Thread starter Yoda
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Yoda

Yoda

:smiley_joint:so i am new and am trying to learn as much as i can fit into my ganj filled brain. i was reading about red light and blue light. i remember when i was like 15 i started growing some widow haze(i got the seeds from a friend)
i grew the 4 plants under a black light and i actually got them to grow about five inches before they were discovered. my question is will the plant be successful if given alot more blue then red light. will the buds be bigger. or will they fail completly

homebrew420

homebrew420

With a higher consentration of blue light you will tend to see tight internodal growth nad a overall more bushy appearance. Not to say one is better than the other really. But with the red you will probably want that for flowering, as studies have shown high yields with a redder spectrum. I think that full spectrum is the best. THe closer you can get to natural sunlight the better off you are. CMH, ceramic metal halides, are where its at, in terms of spectrum and usable light.

M

mountaindank

While a good balance is best, I'd rather have too much blue light than too much red.

Latest posts

Top Bottom