• Thread starter caregiverken
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Thanks Chem

I wish you the best. It's a tough time to find a job right now. I hope you have a good year, Ken
Thanks Mendo. :)
Your right. It is tough out there right now. There isn't much going on here
I was working 200 miles from home. Staying in a motel. I couldn't stand it any more.
In order for me to get my Pensoin and cash out my Anuity, I have to quit working in the Building trades completely.
So I am freeing up a spot for another carpenter to work.
I'm gonna farm for a bit. I may have to go back to constuction someday...But I hope not :)

ttystikk

ttystikk

Best of luck to you, Ken! I made the switch some time ago and I've been happier for it.

As for getting out of the building trades, I have two comments; One, to build a good room, you'll be doing some awfully familiar work! Two, when you've built it, post some pics of what a professional's room looks like!

M

mastergreen

Pays good in the summer time hard to not be working in the winter unless you have a commercial wear house or greenhouse year around. Best or luck farmer!

F

fuzzy

Im 44, retired at 39(not by choice though), and grow for myself and a couple of life long friends(1 with MS,1 with another disease).With their contributions, i can barely pay for nutes,electric, etc...,But, at least i dont have to buy that compressed brick shit that we only get around here w/o paying an arm or leg for.Besides that, i think the Best weed there is, is the weed that we grow ourselves.I personally havent bought as good of bud that i can grow.Not bragging, its just hard to find very many good growers around my parts anymore.Good Luck C! peace,fuzzy

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Thanks Everyone! :)

Did a little farmin today

Hoops4 1
Nitelite2 4 1
Nitelite4 1

One little lite dep bed for now
and a couple photoperiod manipulation beds
Got the timers set..... on at mid-nite...... off at 3am
If they do well, I plan to light dep these in a couple more weeks

Morgan

Morgan

Ken right on man making the jump!! im proud of ya my man it takes alot to make that choice but i tell you what if its what you want to do and you truly believe in yourself doing it you will be a SUCCESS!! your in cali right? if so maybe when im around we can hook up and talk shop?

oh yea nice little set up ya got , if you dont mind me asking can i get the specs? Soil , Nutes , Light cycle (why lights outside?)

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Ken right on man making the jump!! im proud of ya my man it takes alot to make that choice but i tell you what if its what you want to do and you truly believe in yourself doing it you will be a SUCCESS!! your in cali right? if so maybe when im around we can hook up and talk shop?

oh yea nice little set up ya got , if you dont mind me asking can i get the specs? Soil , Nutes , Light cycle (why lights outside?)
Thanks Morgan :)
I use Kellogg Patio plus soil in the beds..
7cdd14f2-c381-4cfa-965a-858da2443c22_300.jpg

Im going to feed with Alaska fish fert.
alaska-fish-fertilizer.jpg

and Kelp powder tea.

The Lights are to keep them from flowering..
The plants were inside under 18/6 floro lites and I didn't want them to flower in the 12/12 sunlite.
So right now they get bout 12 hours of sunlight. then 6 hours dark, 3 hours of floro light, then 3 hours dark.
And of corce the days are getting longer..Im hoping it keeps them in veg...lol:cool:

.But I will start covering them in 2 to 3 weeks to make them flower....:D

I like roots hpk for flowering
rootsOrganicHPK.gif

:confused:

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
I put these pheno hunt plants out a few weeks ago....Then a couple weeks ago, 45 mph wind tore off the plastic, then it hailed.
The next day it snowed! I was out of town. :confused:
This is what they looked like when I got home last week.

Test bed3 15

Most of them have recovered nicely and have been LST-ed by the wind...lol

I will take a pic in the morn and show their progress :)

Blaze

Blaze

I'd wish you 'good luck' but luck has nothing to do with being a successful farmer. If you are going to be farming full time, don't forget to start treating it like a real business. Keep track of your expenses, your time, and be sure to budget everything out as far in advance as possible. Ideally budget and plan your entire year out in advance and you will do much better. Start looking at what 'real farmers' are doing and reduce or eliminate what you buy at the hydro store. Also - if you have the time - grow some veggies too. Growing more than just cannabis is a great learning tool, techniques from all sectors of agriculture can be adopted to grow our favorite plant. You've got the passion for it - and you seem to be a quick learner, so I think you will do fine.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
I'd wish you 'good luck' but luck has nothing to do with being a successful farmer. If you are going to be farming full time, don't forget to start treating it like a real business. Keep track of your expenses, your time, and be sure to budget everything out as far in advance as possible. Ideally budget and plan your entire year out in advance and you will do much better. Start looking at what 'real farmers' are doing and reduce or eliminate what you buy at the hydro store. Also - if you have the time - grow some veggies too. Growing more than just cannabis is a great learning tool, techniques from all sectors of agriculture can be adopted to grow our favorite plant. You've got the passion for it - and you seem to be a quick learner, so I think you will do fine.

Thanks Buddy and Blaze. :)

I wish I could edit the 1st post:rolleyes:
I was in a hurry and I may have given the wrong impression
This is NOT a business. It's just a Hobby with benefits :cool:
Im Not gonna be growing for a living....I have a pension. I'm old
I just don't wanna Pay for Weed. And I Really Really love growing.:D
But I do save receipts.:p

And Yeah I agree Blaze.
I have grown veggies for a few years now. I love that too.
I feel everyone that anyone that is able to,
should grow as much food and meds as the can for themselves and for those that are unable to grow it for themselves

:cool:

Top Bottom