This Site Needs Some Good Outdoor Grow Logs

• Thread starter redlife215
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

That storm you have in your Fri pics hit us Sat morning. It was nice getting out in the garden yesterday without it being so friggin hot. We had a few little downpours, the air still smells sweet.

I love your hoop deps, so much easier than bangin around a greenhouse. Way too hot and the plants are a pain in the a$$ to get to.

LucifDERRR

LucifDERRR

Hey what's up brotha @redlife215 just wondering if you could help me out with a question...I came across a video on dunking buds into a solution of 3% hydrogen peroxide and water to clean off any PM and stuff just wondering if you've done that before on know of it and does it ruin it when dry and cured? This season is my third outdoor run and I want to a have good harvest after dried and cured.

LucifDERRR

LucifDERRR

It's not for PM I don't have any (knock on wood) I was just wondering if knew anything on it because watching a video on it grossed me out....a branch of freshly harvested outdoor buds were dunked and some pm and dirt and some other contaminants rose up...I never seen or heard of that until I stumbled on that video I would usually just harvest and go about drying and curing...wondering how that would effect the bud when finished curing @redlife215

123grow

It's not for PM I don't have any (knock on wood) I was just wondering if knew anything on it because watching a video on it grossed me out....a branch of freshly harvested outdoor buds were dunked and some pm and dirt and some other contaminants rose up...I never seen or heard of that until I stumbled on that video I would usually just harvest and go about drying and curing...wondering how that would effect the bud when finished curing @redlife215
~ I never heard of doing that. I dont know why anybody would want to have their buds dipped in any liquid? And why treat whats not there, IMO.

Dr.Boots

Dr.Boots

Washing buds from outdoor grows is fairly common. I've done it myself on a plant that got hit by fluff when I left it out of the greenhouse during cottonwood seeding time. Adding peroxide to the water has no benefit I can see, unless you already have mold on the plants and are dealing with that.

My method was to fill a 5 gal bucket with water and let the water sit 24 hrs to gas out chlorine. I took each branch I cut, shook it off vigorously, then dunked it in the water and swirled it around a few seconds. The buds were hung up immediately in a dry room at 40% RH / 70F; they were completely dry in about a half hour; the water didn't seem to penetrate into the buds themselves. A large quantity of cottonwood fluff came off in the water, so much I had to skim it after a few washes. Also a fair number of fungus gnats and other small bugs (I usually see a couple come off when I shake the buds as well). I grow organic outdoor and don't spray anything after a week into budding, so I always have a few pests trying to make a beachhead somewhere in the garden. During flower I may spot treat with neem / bronners peppermint / hot pepper extract, or pull off a leaf if I see signs of trouble. Often I just remove any bugs I see by hand, which is possible at the scale I operate. I also release spiders, mantises, and other predators among the plants.

The buds I washed were identical from the rest of that harvest in flavor and potency. I checked them with my scope after the wash, and didn't see removed gland heads or anything like what happens with bubble hashing.

Here's a recent discussion on this subject on another site which shall not be named, includes links to past discussions. Also a note that Jorge Cervantes is an advocate on bud washing to remove PM...
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=342481

Last edited:
Dr.Boots

Dr.Boots

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=342481

R

redlife215

I just got 3 of em for dep harvest, imma up it ti 15 when the full terns are ready to cut. I just have em slleep in tents and work in carports. Got 1 portapotty prib gonna grab another and we have a kitchen/chillimg carport

BearFlagBuds

BearFlagBuds

@redlife215 That is an impressive outdoor grow! You've got some nice looking plant and I like the hoop houses! What are the dimensions on those guys and how many plants do you fit in each one? They all look so uniform in there too. That is exactly the kind of grow I hope to have some day.

Top Bottom