those bastards chewed on my girls!

• Thread starter caregiverken
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Frigging squirrels chewed on both of my JillyBean plants.
icon8.gif

A couple days ago my wife noticed the chewing on one of them so I covered the stems with cardboard paper towel tubes...

Chit, they chewed right though that! and got the other plant...

I may have to start killing em..

Luckily they haven't eaten all my plants :)

I covered them with hardware cloth
May have to do that to all the plants ?

Jillystem
Jillystem2
Q

qaxx

You might try sprinkling some mothballs around the plants. Works with porkypines.

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

as good a solution as I've ever seen to a bandit squirrel problem. Um, actually the first time I've ever heard of a squirrel problem...sounds funny, but it isn't when they're messing with your meds.
I did have a mouse in a grow once that loved to chomp seedlings and clones, one dang bite out of each stem- enough to kill the poor little plant. I suspect he may have been trained and commissioned by the anti-mmj contingency...

J

JCashman

they make those animal repellents that use high frequency sound waves to drive most animals (including squirrels) away from the area, and people are not suppose to be able to hear it.

S

Steel Erection

WTF? I've seen some big plants but, the trunks on those things you got there look like Sequoia trees. Right on! I used to have squirrel's come up on my deck till my cat killed and dismembered one. Have not seen a squirrel since then..LOL lil bastards.-SE

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Yeah SE. The coyotes got all our cats a couple years ago...Time to get more

Shoot ...You Think those Trunks are big? Have you seen my trees? :)

A

amstercal

Dude, stop growing trees. You are confusing the poor squirrels. Are they eating it or trying to build a summer home? :-) Sorry for your troubles. Do those fake owls work for squirrels?

S

scrogbubbles

cheyenne pepper works great with recurring pests... you just need them to eat some pepper coated leaves once....

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
Plant Eaters

I had 600.00 worth of seeds eaten by a mouse about 15 years ago. I had to clean my grow area out and when I started back I put my 30 little plants under the hps for the hell of it and when I checked on them the next day they were all gone. I couldn't figure out what happened until I planted my next 30 and something came and ate 12 of them. A shit load of mouse traps took care of the problem, they make the rat traps that would help eliminate your problem
or the safe traps to move the weed eater

mal

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
cheyenne pepper works great with recurring pests... you just need them to eat some pepper coated leaves once....
Cayenne? I wouldn't do that with cannabis, I know a gal who grew 'hot' weed just by growing it in the same patch as her hots.

Tanglefoot, Ken. That or a metal barrier that absolutely cannot be chewed through. If the plant is girdled it will die, and lots of things can and will girdle. Yellow jackets, for instance.

Or, you can do what I accidentally ended up doing last year and provide water (I had a drip I didn't know about until I found all the animal tracks). That tends to be what they're after when it's hot--moisture.

I used to have a dog that was the BEST fucking squirreller I have ever seen. Gophers and rats and other vermin, too. She was dumped on us. Missy Dawg. She crunched the gopher after she killed it, better'n cats, she was, too. Never ate the squirrels, but those SoCal ground squirrels do smell pretty funky.

S

Steel Erection

Yeah SE. The coyotes got all our cats a couple years ago...Time to get more

Shoot ...You Think those Trunks are big? Have you seen my trees? :)

Lol...I tell you what if they aren't your trees I'd like to see the red woods. You guys in mmj friendly states have it good I tell ya.-SE

W

whitetrain sav

Yeah bro i have a ton of gophers and mice, these little vermons eat at the roots like crazy Ive seen anything like it. Hmmmmmm

M

maestro

Stray cats used to munch my girls in veg back when I guerilla farmed with fish scrap
injun style along these river bottoms. Peeps said I was nuts but you could taste n smell
a bit fishy taste in the leaves while veggin. You couldn't pick it up in the herb though. I guess it was all broken down in rotted before harvest.

Rodents n deer always have loved the ladies of mine while they are young but never a problem after they matured. Strange them squirrels like the taste of that bitter peppery shit. I get squrrels that fight in my patio lovelies so I tie a few pieces foil to my stems here n there scare them n the birds.........

K

kolah

I am not sure if I would want moth ball chemicals or hot pepper leeching into my plants root system.

I have a great mouser of a cat. He'll get mice, barn-rats, birds, squirrel, chipmunks and even full grown rabbits. The 11 year old wonder-cat earns his keep...and he never munches my weed.

That really fine fencing works great.

Top Bottom