Thoughts on CO2 bags or other CO2 product's

• Thread starter B0ssD0ss
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B0ssD0ss

B0ssD0ss

I recently jumped on the CO2 Exhale train. Wondering what everyone's thoughts on these products actually are? Anyone notice anything significant in adding these to grows or all just gimmicks?

BigCube

BigCube

Unless you have a sealed room, it makes no difference.

The bags are about as effective as breathing in the room for half an hour a day, so I've been told by a buddy with a co2 system in his room. Bottle or burners are the way to go, again only if the room is sealed.

CF89

CF89

I don’t get it. How are we supposed to have a humidifier and a c02 device. AND an exhaust fan and be evacuating the tent every 15 minutes with fresh air. It just doesn’t make sense.

B0ssD0ss

B0ssD0ss

I don’t get it. How are we supposed to have a humidifier and a c02 device. AND an exhaust fan and be evacuating the tent every 15 minutes with fresh air. It just doesn’t make sense.
This

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
A closed loop CO2 system either exhausts to a lung room (which is sealed) to remove heat or not at all depending on where the CO2 and AC heat etc is provided. The CO2 is your "fresh" You dont want outside air (400 ppm) diluting your CO2 enriched air.

That's usually where the confusion with the Exhale bags comes in. Lots of peeps see them hustled like crazy on youtube and just buy the hype. Im sure they're a good product if used correctly though.

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
Like say for instance you have a stealth closet grow with inadequate ventilation that's always really hot like 90°...I would totally throw one of those bags in there closed loop or not

CF89

CF89

Ah that makes sense. I figured that was the case after I posted.

not only does the CO2 bag replace an intake fan or open flaps, but it also provides more CO2 than the intake fan could provide anyways. So the tent stays airtight the whole time. Except for an exhaust fan getting rid of heat and O2

B0ssD0ss

B0ssD0ss

Ah that makes sense. I figured that was the case after I posted.

not only does the CO2 bag replace an intake fan or open flaps, but it also provides more CO2 than the intake fan could provide anyways. So the tent stays airtight the whole time. Except for an exhaust fan getting rid of heat and O2
So you're saying in a "airtight" tent running just exhaust to control temp would be a good application to have 1?

CF89

CF89

So you're saying in a "airtight" tent running just exhaust to control temp would be a good application to have 1?

Yes I think so. That sounds about right. Although I think you want the exhaust also to remove the stale air too maybe? And the CO2 bags provide you with the “fresh air” even though it’s airtight.

B0ssD0ss

B0ssD0ss

Well I have a gorilla tent and when I turn it up to 10 I can see the tent kind of suck in on itself. But when I drop it to 1 it fills back out. Dont think its airtight but close enough. I have one of these bags but havent started using it yet. I'm only a week from germination.

logdog

logdog

I could be wrong but from my research your lighting needs to very intense to get to the point where lack of CO2 becomes a limiting factor for most grows good circulation provides all the CO2 the plants can use so while adding CO2 wont hurt anything it wont provide any extra photosynthesis either unless you have the lighting to make the plants use it.

B0ssD0ss

B0ssD0ss

I could be wrong but from my research your lighting needs to very intense to get to the point where lack of CO2 becomes a limiting factor for most grows good circulation provides all the CO2 the plants can use so while adding CO2 wont hurt anything it wont provide any extra photosynthesis either unless you have the lighting to make the plants use it.
Good to know. My lights arent overly intense I dont believe but still know these things expire and will just add extra CO2 which wont hurt so may as well utilize it since I purchased it. Again in only a week from germination so any advice on when to throw it in? Or does it not matter.

CF89

CF89

Yup you need insane lights to be able to fully use the 1200ppm or whatever you’re bringing it up to. The last thing my tent/plant is lacking is CO2.

It’s kinda like adding more air to an engine but not adding extra fuel (Light) too. You need both.

B0ssD0ss

B0ssD0ss

Good to know. So dont jump on the hype train the ladies will be just fine without it.

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
Yes I think so. That sounds about right. Although I think you want the exhaust also to remove the stale air too maybe? And the CO2 bags provide you with the “fresh air” even though it’s airtight.
There's no "stale" air. No need to exaust anything if you can fit the AC in the tent. Keep pushing in CO2 and the plants keep breathing it, giving you back O. And yes also the the light comment...need the big dogs for CO2 to be useful.

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
Good to know. My lights arent overly intense I dont believe but still know these things expire and will just add extra CO2 which wont hurt so may as well utilize it since I purchased it. Again in only a week from germination so any advice on when to throw it in? Or does it not matter.
Some need time to activate and get up to "speed" ..some come half wasted already I hear so I would read the instructions carefully.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I run a sealed room and bottled co2. In a sealed room co2 can be depleted extremely fast with mature plants. There is no need for "fresh air" and a plant will produce a lot of o2 for the co2 it consumes. About 10x if I remember right.

In a 10x7 room with 6 mature plants i can watch my co2 drop from over 2000 as it builds up over night to 1100 where my co2 kicks on in around 30 min to an hr.

Likewise sitting in the room for 30 min will jump my co2 up to 2400ish ppm.

Just to put some perspective on it for you all.

Yeah you need intense lights to take full advantage of co2 but when you start dropping below 300-400ppm your plants will start to hate you.

Latest posts

Top Bottom