Thoughts on first outdoor grow?

• Thread starter Mattmann111
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Mattmann111

OK this is it, it's very remote because I'm paranoid about neighbors, it in woods behind house on my land. Never done before but started seeds in mid April and put outside end of May the one on right snapped about a foot off,
Thoughts on first outdoor grow 2
one on left is probably 7ft tried tying down but is growing like crazy in 10 gal bag pots I'm having insect issues but keeping at bay been using fox farm grow big, just want to know when they will flower are these preflowers? And how much can you expect from these plants they are blue cheese photos fems, any suggestions would be great thanks
Thoughts on first outdoor grow

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
When you grow in the woods, unless you can find a big wide open area, you will be growing in filtered sunlight a lot of the times. This can cause the plant to stretch abnormally in its quest for sunlight. And it has to compete with the other plants around it. This can result in a thin Lankey plant with Lankey branches that don’t have the structural integrity of a more compact plant with thicker stalk and shorter thicker branches. So it might require quite a bit of support from the grower. And maintaining a nine or 10 foot tall plant with long, thin branches when it’s in flower can be a nightmare! So you may want to investigate bending the plant and training it to grow horizontally to keep it within reach. Just things to think about. Don’t underestimate the load that can be put on plants and branches by wet buds and leaves. Many growers have seen the whole kit and caboodle come crashing down. Flowering I would guess if you’re lucky the third or fourth week of August. But don’t be surprised if it’s the first or second week of September. That plant still has quite a bit of time to grow. But that gives you time to research different ways of handling it. These are all generalities. I hope you make it! You’ll probably have your work cut out for you. It kind of looks like you’re back east. We won’t even get into the mold, mildew, bud, rot aspect. Back there the cool wet weather in late September and October can really rake you over the coals. But give it your best shot. A lot of people try it but not a lot. Make it without bailing early. Good luck.

M

Mattmann111

When you grow in the woods, unless you can find a big wide open area, you will be growing in filtered sunlight a lot of the times. This can cause the plant to stretch abnormally in its quest for sunlight. And it has to compete with the other plants around it. This can result in a thin Lankey plant with Lankey branches that don’t have the structural integrity of a more compact plant with thicker stalk and shorter thicker branches. So it might require quite a bit of support from the grower. And maintaining a nine or 10 foot tall plant with long, thin branches when it’s in flower can be a nightmare! So you may want to investigate bending the plant and training it to grow horizontally to keep it within reach. Just things to think about. Don’t underestimate the load that can be put on plants and branches by wet buds and leaves. Many growers have seen the whole kit and caboodle come crashing down. Flowering I would guess if you’re lucky the third or fourth week of August. But don’t be surprised if it’s the first or second week of September. That plant still has quite a bit of time to grow. But that gives you time to research different ways of handling it. These are all generalities. I hope you make it! You’ll probably have your work cut out for you. It kind of looks like you’re back east. We won’t even get into the mold, mildew, bud, rot aspect. Back there the cool wet weather in late September and October can really rake you over the coals. But give it your best shot. A lot of people try it but not a lot. Make it without bailing early. Good luck.
I hear you but believe it or not it probably gets close to 10 hrs of full sun, with days getting shorter after solstice I would think it would flower either way before what you said idk, do you think I should top them off rather aggressive? I hear what your saying but don't know why they aren't thickening up, thanks again

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Sorry about the long winded response. Lol! You could try topping. That will give you smaller buds that are less susceptible to mold and rot later on. I don’t top. I bend. But I don’t grow in mole country either. Where are you growing? you just want to keep them manageable for later on.

M

Mattmann111

In nw PA I was told bud flowers normally around mid late July could be wrong but that would never be done before cold temperatures

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
close up pictures of what your talking about..
could be male pre flowers..
disregard i see/read cheese fem photos

Last edited:
Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
In nw PA I was told bud flowers normally around mid late July could be wrong but that would never be done before cold temperatures
I think that is about a month too optimistic. But I don’t live in Pennsylvania. If my shit started flowering in July, I would burn the whole grow! And start looking for someone to kill!😆

Top Bottom