Thoughts on growing indoor strains outdoors?

• Thread starter Kopper1013
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

Kopper1013

So I recently got a few strains I wanted to try with plans on having my light for my tent but a recent change in plans (kitchen renovation) has me planning on moving these girls outdoors.

The three strains I have seem to recommend indoors growing with environmental control.

I believe this means I’m probably at a much higher risk for bud root, wpm and who knows what else…

Thoughts on trying these anyways?
Precautions that should be taken?

Ive heard feeding them silica can help fight some issues, anything else I should feed or consider?

I would SCROG them like TSD outdoors (if you’ve seen hers) to spread them out, get air flowing and what not….

Is this a piss pour idea? Am I wasting my time/money even attempting?

MDK

MDK

You got a pretty good idea of what's gonna be the problems I'd say...plants are meant to grow in sun...that said, I'd be very proactive on days where it rains or has high humidity....be ready to put a fan on em outdoor if need be to combat bud rot and always shake em off nice after a good rain.

As far as additives go, I'm not sure how to answer the silica question all I know is it's supposed to help stems thicken up so probably a good idea outside with the wind

G

GoldenDragon

It would also depend on your conditions outdoors and were on the planet you are. What strains do you have you want to put outdoors ? You needed to protect mainly from water and condensation, some of which occurs during quick rises of temperature from the dark with no sun and cool, to then the sun coming out an light hours. Are you planning on completely natural or moving the plants about to light dep them. As if you move the plants to light dep them you can take advantage of the light on hours by putting them out when its fully light and warmed up. And if it rains maybe put them under shelter or a greenhouse. There are different ways to get around to finishing your plants and getting a good finished product. People manage to grow many different strains in some tough conditions outdoors, so its possible.

E

Edinburg

Indoor strains are ment to be grown indoors, not impossible to grow outdoors but will probably give you grief.

Homesteader

Homesteader

When a strain is labeled "indoor". I assume that is because it is fairly susceptible to powdery mildew. You can grow anything you want outdoors or indoors though and be sucessful.

Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

I also believe some of the breeders look for phenotypes that at more squat and bushy for the “indoor“ strains. I frequently take My indoor plants out for the summer and they get huge and happy in the glow of the hydrogen burn.

but you bring up a good question are the door / outdoor classifications on weed just marketing / nonsense? Has anyone done outdoor seeds in? Did it work out ok?

reason would suggest that any seed could be grown under sunlight or led/ hds

K

Kopper1013

It would also depend on your conditions outdoors and were on the planet you are. What strains do you have you want to put outdoors ? You needed to protect mainly from water and condensation, some of which occurs during quick rises of temperature from the dark with no sun and cool, to then the sun coming out an light hours. Are you planning on completely natural or moving the plants about to light dep them. As if you move the plants to light dep them you can take advantage of the light on hours by putting them out when its fully light and warmed up. And if it rains maybe put them under shelter or a greenhouse. There are different ways to get around to finishing your plants and getting a good finished product. People manage to grow many different strains in some tough conditions outdoors, so its possible.
Thanks y’all for responding so far,

My strains are:
Pennywise by GrowersChoice
Frosted Black Cherry by Anesia
Purple Punch Cookies by Original

Last year I did fight WPM on my Green Crack, Trainwreck and Grandaddy Purple
BUT Unlike most I’m not concerned about having my whole plant make it through, for my consumption if I get 1/3-1/2 a plant to finish with 3-4 plants I’ll have plenty, it’s more about growing and learning

I have an area that gets sun most the day except first and last light we due have plenty of humidity till the close to the end of flower where I’ll be dealing with lots of dew and cooler temperatures….

Novaracer69

Novaracer69

Thanks y’all for responding so far,

My strains are:
Pennywise by GrowersChoice
Frosted Black Cherry by Anesia
Purple Punch Cookies by Original

Last year I did fight WPM on my Green Crack, Trainwreck and Grandaddy Purple
BUT Unlike most I’m not concerned about having my whole plant make it through, for my consumption if I get 1/3-1/2 a plant to finish with 3-4 plants I’ll have plenty, it’s more about growing and learning

I have an area that gets sun most the day except first and last light we due have plenty of humidity till the close to the end of flower where I’ll be dealing with lots of dew and cooler temperatures….
I am trying Beauveria bassiana outdoors this year along with my sprays. This year I want to get some serious weight. I almost ran out of flower 🤣 I smoke waayy too much 😅

Top Bottom