Thoughts On My (kinda) First Attempt.

• Thread starter Jogro17
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

Jogro17

Ok guys so I turned an old military chest into a stealth box and I just want opinions mostly because it's my first attempt that Ive really put a lot of time and effort into. Luckily I got it done before my baby girl got here last week. Funny thing about it is my plant sprouted the exact day she was born (father's day just for reference haha). However onto the greener business, I don't know the specific dimensions of the chest as I never bothered to measure but I figure it's good for at least one plant. I did transplant a plant I started outside like two months ago that hasn't grown a goddamn inch into the chest as well and it has started to grow rapidly to my absolute surprise. Unfortunately it seems to have some sort of deficiency and I'm not gonna touch anything till I'm 100% positive what it is haha. However the plant that sprouted on my daughter's birthday is looking incredibly healthy from what I've attempted in the past. My light setup is 2x Meridian led 32w pushing 3,300 lumens each at 6,400k and 2x lg 17w led pushing 1750 lumens at 5000k and last but not least 2x 14w lg led pushing 1350 lumens at 5000k for a grand total of like 12,000 at best. For intake I have 120mm PC fan I gutted from my old PC and a smaller 90mm for exhaust. Box has to stay open due to heat but stays ambient at about 85 degrees. Don't know about humidity will throw some wet towels in there if it becomes a problem. Tell me what you guys think haha. I'm still a noob so don't ride me too hard.

Thoughts on my kinda first attempt
Thoughts on my kinda first attempt 2
Thoughts on my kinda first attempt 3
Thoughts on my kinda first attempt 4
oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Ok guys so I turned an old military chest into a stealth box and I just want opinions mostly because it's my first attempt that Ive really put a lot of time and effort into. Luckily I got it done before my baby girl got here last week. Funny thing about it is my plant sprouted the exact day she was born (father's day just for reference haha). However onto the greener business, I don't know the specific dimensions of the chest as I never bothered to measure but I figure it's good for at least one plant. I did transplant a plant I started outside like two months ago that hasn't grown a goddamn inch into the chest as well and it has started to grow rapidly to my absolute surprise. Unfortunately it seems to have some sort of deficiency and I'm not gonna touch anything till I'm 100% positive what it is haha. However the plant that sprouted on my daughter's birthday is looking incredibly healthy from what I've attempted in the past. My light setup is 2x also Meridian led 32w pushing 3,300 lumens each at 6,400k and 2x lg 17w led pushing 1750 lumens at 5000k and last but not least 2x 14w lg led pushing 1350 lumens at 5000k for a grand total of like 12,000 at best. For intake I have 120mm PC fan I gutted from my old PC and a smaller 90mm for exhaust. Box has to stay open due to heat but stays ambient at about 85 degrees. Don't know about humidity will throw some wet towels in there if it becomes a problem. Tell me what you guys think haha. I'm still a noob so don't ride me too hard.
still just a tad to hot,but in veg wont hurt,they love humidity at this stage,when you flip to flower you only want the least ,but i dont see anything wrong with your setup just need to cool it off a little more,were the edges are curling up is the sign,and get off the side of aluminum foil,foil works did it for years that way,but it does create hot spots,when the roots start coming out bottom of cup transplant,it will slow again fro a little bit,were the roots are searching for bottom,when the tap root hit the bottm it will start to explode,friend ,pateince is key,while vegging you can open that trunk up and just put the foil and a cardboard box to reflect back into the trunk,extra light want hurt it at all,when you flip to flower ,well you gonna have to have the air and heat problem solved,while in veg i go in my closet all the time,light leaks wont harm them

J

Jogro17

Oh believe me man this took me a little elbow grease and a ton of research. My previous grows have not gone very well just due to lack of sufficient lighting and time because of work haha. I appreciate it and you put a lot of my worry at ease. Will keep the site updated on growth. My short plant is growing like crazy probably gonna have to replant today as it already has roots growing through the bottom. Again appreciate the advice will take it to heart and hopefully I'll have some damn good smoke.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Oh believe me man this took me a little elbow grease and a ton of research. My previous grows have not gone very well just due to lack of sufficient lighting and time because of work haha. I appreciate it and you put a lot of my worry at ease. Will keep the site updated on growth. My short plant is growing like crazy probably gonna have to replant today as it already has roots growing through the bottom. Again appreciate the advice will take it to heart and hopefully I'll have some damn good smoke.
there you go,could be some of your yellowing ,new growth looks fine,keep in mind all them leaves we ALL worry about,arent gonna be used for nothing but hash ,but keep that trunk open let them breath,you will see improvement,remember to keep all light out when in flower and you good to go,thanks for giving the gardening a try,it is something this world lacks,and im here to help anyone that wants it,grow till you cant no mo,dont give up and get frustrated,start with crap beans to you get the hang of it,once your confident bang out the great herb,well i cant say that its all great herb if you grew it,simply because you didnt pay some corner thug or dispensary thug for it,real talk friend enjoy and keep a open mind and you will sucede

J

Jogro17

there you go,could be some of your yellowing ,new growth looks fine,keep in mind all them leaves we ALL worry about,arent gonna be used for nothing but hash ,but keep that trunk open let them breath,you will see improvement,remember to keep all light out when in flower and you good to go,thanks for giving the gardening a try,it is something this world lacks,and im here to help anyone that wants it,grow till you cant no mo,dont give up and get frustrated,start with crap beans to you get the hang of it,once your confident bang out the great herb,well i cant say that its all great herb if you grew it,simply because you didnt pay some corner thug or dispensary thug for it,real talk friend enjoy and keep a open mind and you will sucede
Thanks so much man. I actually find it quite relaxing taking care of these babies kinda gives a man time to think and just chill, I don't really have the budget to spend money on the great leaf anymore due to my new addition to the family which is why my wife surprisingly let me start growing. This stuff helps sooooooooo much with stress from everything. But I don't gotta tell you, you already know haha

J

Jogro17

Just transplanted but I think I damaged the root system...guess I'm just gonna have to hope for the best now..damnit.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Thanks so much man. I actually find it quite relaxing taking care of these babies kinda gives a man time to think and just chill, I don't really have the budget to spend money on the great leaf anymore due to my new addition to the family which is why my wife surprisingly let me start growing. This stuff helps sooooooooo much with stress from everything. But I don't gotta tell you, you already know haha
i do brother only thing that works for ptsd,pharms ive taken so many just hurt my body,this hurt if any i will except to the day i leave mother earth,bro you aint got to have top shelf as they call it,a fucking buzz is just that,ive smoked dirt weed better than some with all this hype,go hard brother,need help holler

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

i have atheritise real bad ,i transplanted 5 last time 4 of them broke loose of soil and i took them roots and plant and gently put in there final pot,stress yes they did,grow to harvest yes they did,so there it is how though these bitches can be

J

Jogro17

i do brother only thing that works for ptsd,pharms ive taken so many just hurt my body,this hurt if any i will except to the day i leave mother earth,bro you aint got to have top shelf as they call it,a fucking buzz is just that,ive smoked dirt weed better than some with all this hype,go hard brother,need help holler
Definitely will do bro haha just worried me when half the roots were still in the solo cup. Hopefully the compost tea I have will help. Thanks for the positiveness really puts my mind at ease haha I worry too much I swear. Just didn't wanna mess up because these are my last two plants until one of my friends or I find a new seed from a bag or buy them online just don't know when that will be haha. Got my fingers crossed, I'm sure she is fine however. And if she doesn't pull through I will have plenty of other attempts. Not gonna get down about this one

Mattchoopike

Mattchoopike

Check out the grow boss on you tube or buy his book an equipment guide. He's the shit

J

Jogro17

So the one I destroyed half the root ball ended up being male threw it out however here at the end of the line 2 weeks into flower here is that scraggly looking plant from my op. Sorry for such a long wait haha

IMG 20160827 155814597
Top Bottom