Thoughts on Ph for compost tea?

• Thread starter CannabisCultivator
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CannabisCultivator

CannabisCultivator

Hey guys, got some questions on Ph for compost tea.

My tap water, after dechlorination, is pretty high. It’s in the 7-8 range. I usually ph down to 6-7 for watering.

is it necessary to Ph down my compost tea? I just brewed one up with: 1cup earthworm castings, 1 cup fish emulsion, 1TBSP bio live and vegan mix from down to earth.

The Ph after a 24 hour brew period, in dechlorinated tap water, was 8-9. Do I Ph down? Do I let it be?

I would figure to Ph down to not raise the soil Ph to unwanted levels.

what’s the input on Compost Tea Ph?

sunwestgenetics

sunwestgenetics

Hey guys, got some questions on Ph for compost tea.

My tap water, after dechlorination, is pretty high. It’s in the 7-8 range. I usually ph down to 6-7 for watering.

is it necessary to Ph down my compost tea? I just brewed one up with: 1cup earthworm castings, 1 cup fish emulsion, 1TBSP bio live and vegan mix from down to earth.

The Ph after a 24 hour brew period, in dechlorinated tap water, was 8-9. Do I Ph down? Do I let it be?

I would figure to Ph down to not raise the soil Ph to unwanted levels.

what’s the input on Compost Tea Ph?
The water pH should be between 6.5 and 7.5 when brewing compost tea.

CannabisCultivator

CannabisCultivator

The water pH should be between 6.5 and 7.5 when brewing compost tea.
Should the water be at 6.5-7 before the tea is brewed?

I didn’t bother to Ph down before because I figured the compost tea would make the Ph rise again.

should I Ph down again today nice the tea is brewed?

I have heard that the microbiology sorts out the Ph in the soil. Is this a myth?

YoungPadawan

YoungPadawan

Should the water be at 6.5-7 before the tea is brewed?

I didn’t bother to Ph down before because I figured the compost tea would make the Ph rise again.

should I Ph down again today nice the tea is brewed?

I have heard that the microbiology sorts out the Ph in the soil. Is this a myth?
Usually you don't need to worry about pH in organic soil. But I try not to go too far outta range. Under 5 or over 9 is pushing it for me. There's always citric acid if you want an organic pH down. The pH might slowly rise though depending on how hard your water is.

I'd try to get it between 6.5-7.5 during brewing, but I never worried about it when I'd do teas and the pH was around 5-6. If you want to raise the pH there's always silica, but if you use silica add that before anything else.

Latest posts

Top Bottom