Thoughts on pushing the tent size with Viparspectra xs 1500 pro.

• Thread starter growhard2
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

growhard2

I'm moving to indoors for winter after 2 good out door seasons as a beginner. Obviously the xs 1500 pro says it's designed for a 2 x 2 Tent. It could happily? be pushed to a spiderfarmer or marshydro 2.3 x 2.3 tent? Then there's a Vivosun 80 cm x 80 cm tent.

Do you think the 80cm x 80cm tent is too large for that light??

I want to stay with a light below 150watts because our electricity bill goes exponential in winter.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

2.3 x 2.3 = 5.29 ft sq x 30watts per sq ft = 158.7W

Answer: Yes, it would work just fine.

2.67 x 2.67 (80cm x 80cm) = 7.13 ft sq x 30watts per sq ft = 213.9W

Answer: I would run it even if the numbers aren't 100% ideal. You're not likely going to have plants up against the wall so even in the 80 x 80 cm tent, your usable grow area is less than 7.13 ft sq.

Now my question ... how much do you expect to gain yield-wise with such a small bump in tent size?

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

I'm moving to indoors for winter after 2 good out door seasons as a beginner. Obviously the xs 1500 pro says it's designed for a 2 x 2 Tent. It could happily? be pushed to a spiderfarmer or marshydro 2.3 x 2.3 tent? Then there's a Vivosun 80 cm x 80 cm tent.

Do you think the 80cm x 80cm tent is too large for that light??

I want to stay with a light below 150watts because our electricity bill goes exponential in winter.
You'll be fine with a slight increase in tent size. I can personally attest to the fact that the light is solid and will do what you need it to do for the tent you have.

I also like that they can be daisy chained so if you decide to expand your tent footprint you can expand by daisy chaining them.

SchwiftyGrower

SchwiftyGrower

Supporter
I reacted laughing cause I'm like,
"Why's my dude Schwifty know the chinese holidays?" 😂

Nah I was actually wondering about that earlier, haven't seen them post anything in a little while
Stock market, I’m invested in some Chinese companies as most of them barely move during this time. 🤣

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

I think the floor space is fine. I have a tent that's the same size--28x28 inches. It has an XS2000 in it.

I'd also advise getting a tent that's tall enough. Mine is 63 inches. I had a shorter tent and decided not to use it. After the light was installed in it, there wasn't much room for the plants.

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

I think the floor space is fine. I have a tent that's the same size--28x28 inches. It has an XS2000 in it.

I'd also advise getting a tent that's tall enough. Mine is 63 inches. I had a shorter tent and decided not to use it. After the light was installed in it, there wasn't much room for the plants.
Couldn't agree more, i have the xs1500pro in a 24x24x48 and it really needs to be 60+ inches imo.

@ViparSpectra maybe an idea? Change out your 24x24x48 for a 24x24x60??

G

growhard2

2.3 x 2.3 = 5.29 ft sq x 30watts per sq ft = 158.7W

Answer: Yes, it would work just fine.

2.67 x 2.67 (80cm x 80cm) = 7.13 ft sq x 30watts per sq ft = 213.9W

Answer: I would run it even if the numbers aren't 100% ideal. You're not likely going to have plants up against the wall so even in the 80 x 80 cm tent, your usable grow area is less than 7.13 ft sq.

Now my question ... how much do you expect to gain yield-wise with such a small bump in tent size?
ok thanks MIGrampaUSA. I don't really have a yield wise goal, if it could hit 5oz that would be awesome. I was just thinking the slightly bigger tent might slightly yield more.

My only aim at the moment is to grow this Northern Lights I grew 2 seasons outside in a tent, it went purple at the end, made crazy good weed.

The Vivosun 80 x80cm tent is 160cm high BigBlonde. I'm leaning to going this way. Hopefully tall enough? I grew in 8'' pots outside, started late in the season, topped once and trained the 5 little guys into 4 heads on each plant. The plants were only 50cm tall when harvested. Worked pretty well.

G

growhard2

I didn't mean to pump the amazon vivo sun link in that last comment sorry was automatic... I'm not flogging products

dreamnfox

dreamnfox

I have 2 of thses in my 2x4 and its way to much light. Just plsn on having the light as high as possible to help disperse the light.

G

growhard2

Thanks for the quick response there THCFarmer's. And because everyone likes picture, here's a sample of my outside flowers this year. I am a beginner, and a lazy trimmer, I roll joints so leaving some kiff on to me is fine for a good burn. The 2 strains I have are Northern Lights which is the two buds in one hand. The other strain i have (3 buds in the hand) is a semi mystery. I was told by the person who gave it to me it's California Hash. It grows more dense buds with tight node structure, but it doesn't have the potency and smell of Northern Lights. So the NL is where I want to go moving forwards.

Image 67200513
Image 67516929
Top Bottom