Thoughts on reusing soil...

• Thread starter Dizzworth
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
caveman4.20

caveman4.20

soft rock phosphate is a nice additive for reused soil it prevents unused nitrogen to turn into ammonia please correct me if im wrong

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
i have a few hundred gallons of used soil, and tired of dragging it out side in the spring and dumping it in my flower and garden bed......so i have done a lil test..;):D
i took 3 fresh cuts , got some roots on them. went in my mixing room and and srapped up enough to top off a few red solo cups.. these cuts have had nothing but water. the bottom pic is one in the same soil, but had straight tea for one drink as a test
DSC03225
DSC03226
DSC03227
DSC03228
DSC03229

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

ya sounds good and smart move with the cuttings....back when i tried this i used sensyzyme and an awesome Myco product with protien and Soil Secrets TTP which is a vegan compost but everyone was scared to do it back then i mean the people i talked too but if the dirt was run organic i found there was only a few things to watch for that nitrogen thing earlier was one of the biggest things.... i cant wait to try it again know that theres more people fixing the bugs in this attempt one old man told me he onlybroke up the old roots every three years and thats indoor used soil bed

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
i have hygrozyme, but wanted to see how it went with out it..
i need to start reusing all the time....have you tryd to hide 300 gallons of used soil from you nieghbors ? lol...its a chore to do ;) cant keep making flower beds in my yard lol

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Thats cool if you have a living symbiotic rizhosphere or whatever you dont even need Enzyme thats y i gro TLO the bacteria and fungus make those same enzymes in the millions but thats if they are thriving and its a beautiful thing when all those microbeasts do their job!

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Seamaiden would you check out my gas lantern techinique thread in CO i was told you had some good input on unorthodox veg cycles

my bad Dizzworth for getting off subject,

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Caveman, I don't know a thing about that method, but I'll take a look. :)

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
Jim, you PhotoShopped those, didn't you? ;)
rite out of my veg room ;)...them cuts look better than the others...been doing a bunch of testing on cuts...straight tea, light tea..ph,d water and un ph'd,,used soil..uncooked soil..,,,lol lots of pest off plants and a few happy ones

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
My reuse could needs something to break it up a little make it more fluffy and less cakey. Will some type of sand or coir do this?

outwest

below frigid

below frigid

I have been using the same soil in some spots 4 years or so. Started with about half native soil and roots 707 with some added chunky perilite, worm castings, chicken poop and a few other ingredients. I do add to it each year but yields are consistent if not better. One item I use that is supposed to promote beneficials and make the nutrients more available that really seems to make a difference is the diatomic humus.

Latest posts

Top Bottom