thoughts on revegging on purpose

• Thread starter Budtirement
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Budtirement

Hello and happy winter growing.
I have a 2x4 tent, growing 2 Blue Haze in soil, SF2000 LED. I topped my plants above the 4th node and scrogged them out to have ten colas each. They have been very slow growers maybe because it gets down to 65 degrees at night. They are currently in week 9 of veg. I was doing a little experiment where I reduced the amount of light incrementally from 18/6 down to 15/9 over several weeks to see if I could get them to stretch more and get bigger colas. (Each of my previous indoor grows had colas about 4 inches tall, so not as big as I would like. I was trying to mimic outdoor summer days getting shorter and hoping that might encourage more stretch and bigger colas.) Anyway, the plants have begun to flower but they didn't stretch much.
My thought that I want to put out there is whether I should reveg before they get too far into flowering and let them grow taller for a while before letting them flower and see if that might help with this issue. They're currently only about 15 inches tall. I have room in the tent for them to grow at least another 10 inches. They look healthy.

Thoughts on revegging on purpose
MEGA956

MEGA956

I'm in the process of revegging clones, it's been a month and no new growth can be seen. Looks good from the roots. I know this process can take some time.

Haven't done full plants, though. I'm curious about this as well.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
From what I’ve seen, it will take more time than it’s worth! It’s common to maintain mothers through re-vegging! But that’s not what you are talking about! In my opinion, you are better off, addressing your issues before you flip!

Bilber

Bilber

From what I’ve seen, it will take more time than it’s worth! It’s common to maintain mothers through re-vegging! But that’s not what you are talking about! In my opinion, you are better off, addressing your issues before you flip!
Spot on!

B

Budtirement

Oh, I hope to hear from folks who have revegged plants that flowered early or had timer issues or something. I think I've seen postings somewhere of plants just starting flower that got revegged, grew another foot and then reflowered with extra large colas. That's what got me thinking about this. I would like to learn about transition times back and forth and any other issues that you have seen.
I don't really have issues with them other than smallish colas. And these ladies have actually entered flower and are forming buttons on top, so I could just let them go, but as I said I am seeking a solution to the small colas. I should say that if they took it badly and hermied and I ended up with a handfull of seeds from this strain I'd be happy with that too!

B

Budtirement

Thank you SnappyJack for the link. Looks like the reveg worked well for you. You ended up with some pretty tall colas outside. That's what I'm looking for inside. I've completed 5 grows under this SF2000 and although the flower has been excellent quality the bud size has always been on the petite side. If this grow follows the same pattern as 2022 it will not double in size or even grow much taller at all. Blue Dream 2022 is a pic before harvest of 2022 grow and you can see the short colas then.
There's nothing really wrong with that but I've seen plenty of tent grows with huge colas and I've grown this strain outside (see Blue Haze 9-2023) and got 10 inch tall colas outside, so I guess I'm scratching my head and wondering why and if I can do anything about it. Scheming, that's what I'm doing.

Blue Dream 2022
Blue Haze 9 2023
JKash

JKash

Can you out GRAV The Gravmaster???
Supporter
Why not just monster crop???? Take a cutting in flower... no need for a mother and won't lose potentency like a normal clone

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Why not just monster crop???? Take a cutting in flower... no need for a mother and won't lose potentency like a normal clone
I like monstercrop clones I’ve had good success with them, but it’s an easy additional 2-3 weeks after rooting before you begin to see good heavy new growth, (success rates on clones are much lower as well so I took 3x what I needed when I did it) but I agree it’s a better choice at this point to grab a clone and keep the current plants flowering, and let the clones veg longer next run

N

Natep

I have never need to reveg. I don’t know why anyone would really want to. I usually run a strain one time. After smoking two lbs of the same strain I don’t want to grow it for a while.

B

Budtirement

I like monstercrop clones I’ve had good success with them, but it’s an easy additional 2-3 weeks after rooting before you begin to see good heavy new growth, (success rates on clones are much lower as well so I took 3x what I needed when I did it) but I agree it’s a better choice at this point to grab a clone and keep the current plants flowering, and let the clones veg longer next run
I haven't done any cloning or monster cropping as I only have one tent/light/setup. But thank you for your suggestion and the information,- 2 to 3 weeks for transition back to veg. That's what I'm interested in knowing.
For me, since I'm in budtirement and I have cured weed, time is not that big a factor. I'm really interested in how best to approach the question of getting larger buds to set and grow on plants that have historically been smaller for reasons I'm ignorant of and revegging was an idea I thought I might try.

Top Bottom