Thoughts On The Platinum P9-xml2

• Thread starter Bubba kush
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bubba kush

Bubba kush

I am currently running the Spydrx Plus but I can pick up a used Platinum for $250

Do you think it’s worth grabbing it and how does it compare to the Spydrx plus

Growster240

Growster240

I am currently running the Spydrx Plus but I can pick up a used Platinum for $250

Do you think it’s worth grabbing it and how does it compare to the Spydrx plus

Are you getting if for 1/4'th of the price? That seems like an ok deal.
Fluence will most likely give you more light/W and overall better plants, but the price makes a difference.

Bubba kush

Bubba kush

I just picked up 2 more Spydrx Plus’s last night so that is 4 so far. I want to run 6-7 total.

I think $250 is a good deal but I am paying about $750 for the Fluence right now

Have you used the platinum or know much about them?

Growster240

Growster240

Not really, just done some research.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NTBS91Y
The fifth "picture" in the listing is a video. And while this is not for your particular fixture/model, it doesn't seem very professional or scientific to do the measurements that way. It just gives me an overall bad feeling of the brand. The video for the P9-xml2 is a bit better, but still. Also, from what I've understood recently, the more intense the light is (received by the plant), the more beneficial it is with green light. It had something to do with the need for red and blue light is saturated at the surface of the leaf and green light going deeper, and therefore being useful. The P9 does strike me as an intense light, but it is very low in the green parts.

I'm by no means professional, these are just my thought and understandings.
I hope you get some good growth with your spydrxs :)

Edit: Also, I can't find the umol/j value by Platinum. And for $1000 listed price, it's very strange that it's not listed. Imagine a high end car brand not providing the gas mileage, haha. Just seems funny to me.

Last edited:
Bubba kush

Bubba kush

Very well said my friend.

I also heard the same thing about green spectrum recently.

B

Burned Haze

Spydrx Plus
Pro’s : full sprectrum (seemed to work), cert listed , waterproof, full 4x4 , move light bars dominately where you need it

Cons: heat ( 4-8f raiser in the room), prone to hitting your head and if your having them side rows ( what a pain), less par’s than cob’s, led closeness must be 6-8 inches (if your even 10inch, your gonna cry )

— vs compare—-

Cob vero

Pro’s: only 2f raise on the room no matter what watts, cheaper ( I got my 900w for 1,200, 660w for 850 ) , sprectrum custom ( u pick each cob), tougher frame bar you can even use as a yo-yo for your plants at ending of buds support, 12-18 inches canopy , built in dimmer ( some people might see individual dimmers as a pain but I like the lack of wires lol)

CONS: more prone to heat spots on buds if closer than should (but super easy to not do once you get the trick), not cert 4 rec ( even thou it has nothing to do with safety , anything diy or non big companies that willing to do the carts will lack that ), harder to hang ( at least for my setup in my ceiling lol )

Bubba kush

Bubba kush

I already have the Fluence and am not confident enough to build my own lighting set up and got overwhelmed with all the LED options.

The reason I was considering picking up this Platinum was the low price for a slightly used one.

Growster240

Growster240

This light is not very far off from a fluence light, design-wise.
I found this video to be very informative, you should at least check it out.
If I were to get a new light I would absolutely have a go at building it.
There are tons of experienced people here, and on other forums, if help is needed :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom