Thoughts on this 1hp chiller off eBay for $800?

• Thread starter JohnnyScience
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

JohnnyScience

What do you guys think of this 1Hp chiller off of eBay for $800 shipped?

It's either this one or the Ecoplus 1hp commercial for $1060 shipped

So there's a good price difference between the 2.

The one on eBay has a Panasonic compressor and from what I understand is very high quality.

I asked the seller some info and they responded with this:

Thanks, this model is sold under dozens of brands here in the US, but its all made by the same end factory in China.* (Boyu) is their name.* These are extremely high quality chillers.*** These have a 1 year warranty.* In several years of selling these, I've never seen any problems out of them.** These do also use a Panasonic compressor.** The manufacturer does rate these as shown, as 750 and 950 gallons for the 1hp and 1.5hp models.** I'm waiting to get info on the cooling coil, honestly I'm not sure if its stainless or titanium, but I'll find out shortly.

Seems legit no? I know they are telling the truth about most chillers being made at the same couple of factories.

norcal215

norcal215

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
seems like a great deal if he stands by the warranty, and free shipping on a 130 lb package...........get it

norcal215

norcal215

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
that chiller weighs more than the wife.......lmao

J

JohnnyScience

I know it seems heavy as hell compared to Other 1 hp chillers & I asked him about it a little bit ago. I'm assuming it's heavy because maybe its a copper or SS based compressor instead of a titanium one?

S

seebobsled

It's not the compressor that has the titanium it is the heat exchanger that freon and water flows through. It sounds from the amp draw that it is a 3 quarter horse compressor like all the other chinese imports calling it a 1 horsepower chiller. I think if it is rated for saltwater it is titanium.

ttystikk

ttystikk

It's only a good deal if it's up to the job of keeping your rig cool. Soooo... would it? I would definitely calculate its cooling capacity based on the 3/4 horsepower rather than the full ton. f you want some help figuring our how much cooling capacity you need, tell us what oyur setup is like and be sure to include all heat sources, from lights to CO2 burner to dehuey, etc. Do you vent your lights? Is the room sealed?

Latest posts

Top Bottom