Thoughts on this pic

• Thread starter Buttercup726
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Buttercup726

Buttercup726

Had some babies in happy frog medium. Transplanted them into two gallon pots using pro mix.

Noticed a few fliers. My heart dropped. I battled RAs in the past and lost. This is a new set up tho. I am extremely paranoid of any movement at this point in my life.

What’s the best way to differentiate btw FG and RA any thoughts on this pic?

Thoughts on this pic
JohnnyApp

JohnnyApp

Had some babies in happy frog medium. Transplanted them into two gallon pots using pro mix.

Noticed a few fliers. My heart dropped. I battled RAs in the past and lost. This is a new set up tho. I am extremely paranoid of any movement at this point in my life.

What’s the best way to differentiate btw FG and RA any thoughts on this pic?
Looks like an adult root afid. Put out sticky traps for the adults and follow instructions listed in the screenshot. Not the end of the world, but it is the beginning of a bit of a pita.

Research IPM programs for indoor gardening for organics. If someone says to spray chemicals, just know to never smoke their chemical ridden shwag again..

Best of luck

Screenshot 20200227 225903
Screenshot 20200227 230156
Buttercup726

Buttercup726

If that’s the case I’ve battle them before and lost. Never could beat them fully. I don’t feel the circumstances were right for me to get RAs. I used a lot of precautions. But you never know and gotta be mindful.

Gonna get some BTI and see if that eliminates. BTI will only kill FG

JohnnyApp

JohnnyApp

If that’s the case I’ve battle them before and lost. Never could beat them fully. I don’t feel the circumstances were right for me to get RAs. I used a lot of precautions. But you never know and gotta be mindful.

Precautions or not, there is at least one bug in that photo, and it made it's way into the garden somehow.

I'm simply offering a constructive opinion on how you can eliminate them.

If soil isnt sterilized, then theoretically it may contain eggs, larve, or pathogens. It's a risk we all take. Commercial greenhouses have soil ovens to cook the soil and kill pathogens and any other living organisms prior to planting.

Nematodes attack both fg and ra larve but do not harm adults, hence, sticky traps

Buttercup726

Buttercup726

I appreciate that bud. Hopefully the BTI tells me the the extent of my problem and which direction I should go in. I believe the bacteria in BTI attacks FG and not RA. I’ll apply it for a week along w sticky traps and reevaluate then situation.

Top Bottom