Thoughts?

• Thread starter taxle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
taxle

taxle

Having some issues. I'm running hlg550 rspec in 5 gallons soil pots, ph going in is around 6.9 run off around 6.0. Using general hydroponics flora series. With ppms around 750ish. Lights ar 32inches from the canopy. Been chasing my tail and scratching my head for a few days. Fig I'd see what the experts say.

Thoughts
Thoughts 2
Thoughts 3
Thoughts 4
BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Having some issues. I'm running hlg550 rspec in 5 gallons soil pots, ph going in is around 6.9 run off around 6.0. Using general hydroponics flora series. With ppms around 750ish. Lights ar 32inches from the canopy. Been chasing my tail and scratching my head for a few days. Fig I'd see what the experts say.
I’m no expert, but they will be here shortly. Beautiful plant, looks like too much of something. I hope you get some insight soon. Happy grows
Burnz

taxle

taxle

Transplanted from solo cups to 5 gal cloth pots not quite two months ago, there still in veg.water temp is around 65°ish f

Kraken.headz

Kraken.headz

If you have a basic thermometer, try to get a read on the rootzone temp.
How frequently are you feeding?
What's your source water like?
I'd maybe consider bringing your feed pH down a few tenths.

11Hick11

11Hick11

"Interveinal chlorosis, often called iron chlorosis can be caused by a deficiency of several micro-nutrients; Iron, Zinc, and Manganese, all of which the symptoms look similar. Yellowing of the leaves can be caused by a number of cultural or environmental issues. Normally it's due to the pH of the soil being too high." Maybe?

This is just my guess but it looks to me like a lock out do to your soil PH being off. Have you done a slurry test? Have you flushed yet?

Oh, and im no expert by the way.

Last edited:
taxle

taxle

If you have a basic thermometer, try to get a read on the rootzone temp.
How frequently are you feeding?
What's your source water like?
I'd maybe consider bringing your feed pH down a few tenths.
Water is mixed between RO water and tap. Tap is comming out at around ppm 165. Ph 7.2 I do not have a thermometer around but will pick one up in the morning. Watering every other day. The room temp stays around 75°with about 65-75 humidity.

Kraken.headz

Kraken.headz

Roger that. Are you feeding with every watering?
The reason I ask about root temp is that it looks like the containers are sitting almost directly on the floor, with just a saucer between. May not be an issue, but worth checking.

taxle

taxle

"Interveinal chlorosis, often called iron chlorosis can be caused by a deficiency of several micro-nutrients; Iron, Zinc, and Manganese, all of which the symptoms look similar. Yellowing of the leaves can be caused by a number of cultural or environmental issues. Normally it's due to the pH of the soil being too high." Maybe?

This is just my guess but it looks to me like a lock out do to your soil PH being off. Have you done a slurry test? Have you flushed yet?

We are in between a feed, feed,water and a feed,feed,feed,water. They have not been given more then two waters back to back,

taxle

taxle

Roger that. Are you feeding with every watering?
The reason I ask about root temp is that it looks like the containers are sitting almost directly on the floor, with just a saucer between. May not be an issue, but worth checking.
Yeah there just sitting on saucers, I'll check the soil temps in the morning,

Kraken.headz

Kraken.headz

If there's any way to bump the temp of the room up a few degrees, I'd consider that.
My first thought was iron deficiency, though it's probably not a lack of iron in your solution. Higher pH and low root temps can both hinder iron uptake.

taxle

taxle

If there's any way to bump the temp of the room up a few degrees, I'd consider that.
My first thought was iron deficiency, though it's probably not a lack of iron in your solution. Higher pH and low root temps can both hinder iron uptake.
I'll bring it up to 80 lol,

20200319 192527
Kraken.headz

Kraken.headz

Temps look pretty dialed. If it were me, I'd do these 3 things...
1)adjust feed solution to 6.4-6.6
2)get those pots up on elevators or something similar
3)bring temp up a bit. In my experience (and I think research will corroborate this) LED plants enjoy a slightly warmer climate than HID plants.

taxle

taxle

Temps look pretty dialed. If it were me, I'd do these 3 things...
1)adjust feed solution to 6.4-6.6
2)get those pots up on elevators or something similar
3)bring temp up a bit. In my experience (and I think research will corroborate this) LED plants enjoy a slightly warmer climate than HID plants.
Will definitely heed your advice, and bring my temps up to 80. And work on a way to elevate the pots. Want to get it all figured out bf I flipped over to 12/12

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

^ this
Screenshot 20200319 233445 Chrome

Screenshot 20200319 233519 Google
taxle

taxle

I did a soil test 2 months ago, that's the last time one was performed.

Top Bottom