Thread watched Beginning covert outdoor grow in N.E.

• Thread starter ARCH111
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Great looking grow good luck with your venture .

ARCH111

ARCH111

+/- 47 days from soil pop for the big 3. All 12 allowable (ok, so that is what the law will be) in pots. The big 3 will go into 25 gal fabric pots soon and the other 9 are currently in 5 gal fabric pots. My plan is to leave them all outside from now on. I have been bringing the big three in every night for the last five days to adjust the daylight hours down. I left the others out already. Question: I currently feed each 3 gallon pot about one full gallon every other day because they are very light weight and seem dry. No drooping of leaves. Every other feed I have been adding the standard FF Big Bloom and Grow big. When I increase to a 25 gal pot will I be feeding approximately 5 gallons of either water or water + nutes? That's like a quart of Big Bloom every other feed. Doesn't seem right. First picture is the Black Cherry tree blooming. I planted 12 fruit trees in my little orchard garden/canna grow.
IMG_2837.JPG IMG_2833.JPG IMG_2840.JPG IMG_2836.JPG IMG_2834.JPG IMG_2835.JPG

ARCH111

ARCH111

+/- 49 days from soil pop for the big 3. 25 gallon pots are big! Wish I had purchased something around 15 gals. I will have to see how it goes. Hopefully they do not start to flower because of the change in light. I really kind of forced the move to outside too early because I started too early inside and they got too big and starting to smell to keep in the tent.
IMG_2843.JPG IMG_2844.JPG IMG_2845.JPG IMG_2846.JPG IMG_2847.JPG IMG_2840 (1).JPG

ARCH111

ARCH111

It was supposed to get below 32 degrees here last night with a thunderstorm before that so I was trying to figure out how to protect the plants. Decided to move them into the shed for the night. The 25 gal pots are a bear to lift. I moved one inside and was looking for another solution. I think that I found a great solution. Turns out a 55 gal garbage can fits perfectly inside my pot rims. I bet it was more comfy inside the can then in the shed. All of the plants have definitely slowed down in growth since they have been outside but the temps have not been that high and there is one way I could keep them all inside my grow tent, maybe I could have kept the small ones under lights but I wanted to just move everything outside at one time.
1619094532457.png
White Widow in 25 gal pot

IMG_2856.JPG
OG Kush in back in 25gal
IMG_2855.JPG
Amnesia in comfy enclosure for the night.

ARCH111

ARCH111

+/- 59 days from soil pop for the big 3. I think we are past anymore freeze issues for weather here so this should be home. All 12 received FF nutes yesterday. Questions: 1. Do I just keep topping these outdoor plants?
IMG_2847.JPG

2. This is supposed to be an auto Candy Kush. It looks very funky. It had a stubborn shell. Is that all this is? I am going to let it grow and see how it develops.
IMG_2859.JPG

ARCH111

ARCH111

+/- 68 days from soil pop for the big 3. Here are some pics of the White Widow which is showing issues. No issues with the Amnesia or O.G. Kush. They are in 25 gal fabric pots with ff Ocean Forest soil and ff Big Bloom and Grow Big. Schedule is water, water, feed. Water is straight out of the well. Some of the damages are from heavy wind and rain a week ago possibly. Any ideas? Another question- Do I just keep "topping" these? Or do I stop at some point during Veg?
IMG_2902.JPG IMG_2903.JPG IMG_2904.JPG IMG_2905.JPG

ARCH111

ARCH111

+/- 69 days from soil pop for the big 3. Still looking for suggestions regarding my tipburn? on the White Widow and topping questions from yesterdays post. Adding another question to the list. For these outdoor plants how much trimming of the underbrush do you trim off, if any at this stage? I am in the Northeast so that is my weather conditions. All 12 plants have now begun to start showing some visible growth after getting settled from the move to outside permanently, a couple of moves into the shed because of freeze warnings, some harsh wind and rain, and the wait for consistent 70 degree days.
IMG_2914.JPG IMG_2912.JPG IMG_2910.JPG
Here is one of two Candy Kush Auto-flower
IMG_2915.JPG
Here is the other Candy Kush. Still stumbling along.
IMG_2918.JPG

TSD

TSD

I feel like no one ever responds to the grow diary posts... I wonder if they show up differently?🤷‍♀️ I too am in New York and started mine not long after you... seeds went in water March 1st and 10th respectively I also have 3 big and like 9 smaller younger ones... but my 3 special ladies get most of the attention. 🤣 Mine are still inside but quickly running out of space... really trying to push it till the end of May if I can.
As far as topping outside... you can, but every time you do, they slow for a bit, and we don't have time to spare here. Also, yours likely flipped to flowering since you put them out a wee bit early, so honestly, I wouldn't top if it were my plants.
"Defoiliating"... I don't unless it's dead or clearly dying leaves. The leaves are the solar panels of the plant and max energy is needed to make you big beautiful buds... some may disagree, but that's my opinion.
LST... you can open the canopy of each plant by gently training branches down, that allows more sunlight in and you end up with bigger buds. I sometimes take off the entire lower couple branches if they're looking scraggly cause that's just a waste of energy for little to no bud... some call that lollipoping in a more extreme form... it's also helpful to have airflow underneath once we hit cool damp fall temps... but rot is not your friend. I've done a few outdoor grows, but I'm no expert... always learning! Looks like you have a sweet set up. Mine will be living in my garden as well once the soil is ready and the weather stops sucking.
I like your garbage can idea too... may have to use that come frost season... just gotta be real careful and take them off at first light... covering budding plants is a bitch.
Happy growing!

Last edited:
Madbud

Madbud

I take the lowest 2-4 branches, already have. Picture them in september, long spindly suckers with the smallest flowers. I don’t top but that’s debatable. For my high wind location it weakens the plant, especially with wet heavy buds.

ARCH111

ARCH111

+/- 75 days from soil pop for the big 3. For the most part all plants seem to be doing good. There has been no early flowering yet, hopefully I am out of the woods on that front. The growth rate has really varied among plants. I fed ff nutes yesterday. 2 gallons for each 25 gallon pot and about 3/4 gallon per 5 gallon pot. We have had a lot of rain lately so I have not had to water at all. Any thoughts my first time grow are welcome. I purchased a big jug of calmag thinking that I would need it but for the life of me I can't figure out if it would help. How do I measure for deficiencies? Overall the veggies and fruit trees are all coming along and the 2 beehives are buzzing.
IMG_2931.JPG

IMG_2921.JPG

I trimmed off some of the burned tips on the White Widow and a little trimming on the OG Kush and Amnesia but nothing but damaged leaves.
IMG_2928.JPG

IMG_2927.JPG

IMG_2926.JPG

IMG_2925.JPG

IMG_2924.JPG

IMG_2923.JPG

IMG_2922.JPG

Last edited:
ARCH111

ARCH111

+/- 82 days from soil pop for the big 3. Help needed to figure out what is wrong with this White Widow. It is in a 25 gallon fabric pot, in ff Ocean Forest soil, ff nutes and calmag. On a water, water, feed schedule. No other plants are showing any distress.
IMG_2948.JPG

IMG_2947.JPG

ARCH111

ARCH111

+/- 85 days from soil pop for the big 3. Still no change on the eldest White Widow and now I can see similar issues starting on one of my other two White Widow plants. I am going to chalk it up to different strain requirements and let these W.W.'s grow out. I am not going to alter feed schedule or nutes. My other 9 plants of different strains all seem to be extremely happy.
IMG_2954.JPG
The next 2 pics are of the large W.W.
IMG_2953.JPG IMG_2952.JPG
Here are the other 2 W.W. plants with one showing some despair.
IMG_2950.JPG IMG_2951.JPG
IMG_2949.JPG

Top Bottom