three gallon or 5 gallon pots

• Thread starter biggerbud420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
biggerbud420

biggerbud420

i know there isn't a definitive answer here but just how much bigger would a plant get in a 5 gallon pot then a 3 gallon pot ?

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
Depends on veg time, media used, and general growing practices. In my upcoming grow, I’m planning 5-6 strains, 18 plants in an 8x4 tent, in 3 gal pots with a a quicker flip to flower.

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

Depends on veg time, media used, and general growing practices. In my upcoming grow, I’m planning 5-6 strains, 18 plants in an 8x4 tent, in 3 gal pots with a a quicker flip to flower.
well i have alot of 3 gallon pots and i been growing autos in them i been averaging 4 oz a plant in 3 gallon pots i was just curious how much bigger the plant would get in a 5 gallon bucket ? my next grow i do want to do photo's but not sure if i should just stay with my 3 gallon pots

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

i understand what your saying but im still curious just how much bigger a plant would get if it was in a 3 gallon pot or 5 gallon auto or photo

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
Plants only get as big as the amount of time you let them grow. Autoflowers don’t have time to max out 5gal pots in my experience.
pic is all autos in 3 gal and tallest plants were 6ft.
for photos, if planning to veg longer than 6 weeks, go 5 gal or bigger for longer times.

03BF8DA9 58CB 480B 957E 77F99FECF62D
Madmax

Madmax

I dont think it makes much difference really..long as you keep up the feeds they will get just as big in 3 as in 5..im growing in 5 as i want to water only once a day.with the 3 id have to feed twice a day..im averaging between 4-5 oz for 5 week veg in 5 gals.aqaman busted that myth in bigger the pot the bigger the plant..he grew in 1 gal and plant got huge but feeding 10 times a day..

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
That being said. The girls never complain about having the extra space to stretch out.
I like the quick watering cycles smaller pots allow, and it allows for more plants in the tent.
If you want to grow big ass plants with longer veg times. Go 5-10 gal.

02C106FF C170 445B AA4D 3419CAD4E634
biggerbud420

biggerbud420

I dont think it makes much difference really..long as you keep up the feeds they will get just as big in 3 as in 5..im growing in 5 as i want to water only once a day.with the 3 id have to feed twice a day..im averaging between 4-5 oz for 5 week veg in 5 gals.aqaman busted that myth in bigger the pot the bigger the plant..he grew in 1 gal and plant got huge but feeding 10 times a day..
if i feed my plants 2 times a day they would get overwatered

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

Plants only get as big as the amount of time you let them grow. Autoflowers don’t have time to max out 5gal pots in my experience.
for photos, if planning to veg longer than 6 weeks, go 5 gal or bigger for longer times.
well i got one now that in 3 gallon pots its about 3 feet tall and probably 3 feet wide lol

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

were any of those lst ?

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

Oh your not in coco /perlite?
i am using pro mix moisture control
Sphagnum peat moss (80-90% by volume)
Coir
Perlite
Ground Limestone (for pH adjustment)
Wetting agent
Mycorrhizae

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
Are you in fabric pots? Or?

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
no nursery pots
That’s fine. I switched to fabric pots a while back, as it keeps roots from circling, air pruning, allowing for smaller containers.
Better growth in general from fabric pots IMO.
when your done your crop, inspect the roots. Make the call for your next grow. I ran autos in 5gal till I realized it wasn’t needed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom