Thrip damage but what are the black spots

• Thread starter Bangarang
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Bangarang

I was looking through my veg and found some thrip damage. I just sprayed Monterey Garden Spinosad at 15ml a gallon with 3ml a gallon of floramite and 5ml CocoWet.
I have been down this road before and it is no big deal. But i have never seen these little black dots before. It is almost like oil or sappy.
Thanks

Thrips
Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

could be black spot mold. take off all infected leaves, black spot thrives underneath the surface of the leaves. ive read that it is soil born, but ive used serenade garden spray @ 2x a week foliar and it helped out. ever since i started brewing teas with og biowar, i havent had a problem, of anything really

edit to add: floramite is dangerous, dont use it, especially on mature plants. ive seen reports of it still being inside plant tissue after 50+ days of application. try an organic fungicide.

also ive read that black spot and other times of mold/fungus's can be transported via flying bugs, especially when they shit. so knock that problem out as well

sealed138

sealed138

First Starfighter
Supporter
I'd say its some sort of fungus feeding off of the thrip poop.

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

I think the Monterey instructions are 4 times more than u used

With thrips like that id step it up

OctoberDee

OctoberDee

I got that too, it's from these little bugs with spots on what looks like wings. They're oval looking little bugs with tan or light brown spots on what looks like wings, tiny flat bugs, they attach their mouths to the underside of the leaves and suck sap which leaves those light burn spots and the black spots are excrement. They're usually in small clusters. I don't know what that are but if you examine the underside of your leaves you might see their exoskeletal remains or possibly may find some live ones. I tried insect soap and SNS but they won't really disappear they just die on one leaf and pop up on another leaf.

Latest posts

Top Bottom