Thrip treatment

• Thread starter Trillion
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

KingCrimson

so I can use it in flower no problems?
do they need a rinse or something some period of time after?

sorry I need it spelled out for me I'm just leery of spraying the ladies.
http://i233.invalid.com/albums/ee263/king_crimson99/P1090807.jpg

K

KingCrimson

According to the directions it can be applied up to 1 day before harvest for strawberries and that is what cannabis is closest to so I say you are good to go.
Here is all the info you could need on the subject...
http://www.agriculturesolutions.com...d=76&lang=en&page=shop.getfile&product_id=405

It's a great product that works amazingly fast. I used to be an exterminator if that helps you.

Good luck, 4D

thank you, I just put a hot shot no pest strip in there too, hopefully that combined with the naturalyte will do the trick.
I plan on applying a light mist to the buds and a moderate mist of the stem and under larger fan leaves, as well as watering with a dilution of it. wish me luck.

F

Fear

Do these thrips cause actual damage besides what can be seen? Stress the plant?The eggs they burrowed in my leaves are hatching. Now they are everywhere I finish in a week of my second cycle ever and I don't want them back. I am in coco do I need to treat that? Besides when I clean them jsut wanna stop this and I'm gonna get that spinosad. I have some safer insect killing soap seems to be bullshit. Looks like it they grew bigger with that shit. Fuckin bugs creep me out, nasty fast crawling mofos.

K

KingCrimson

Do these thrips cause actual damage besides what can be seen? Stress the plant?The eggs they burrowed in my leaves are hatching. Now they are everywhere I finish in a week of my second cycle ever and I don't want them back. I am in coco do I need to treat that? Besides when I clean them jsut wanna stop this and I'm gonna get that spinosad. I have some safer insect killing soap seems to be bullshit. Looks like it they grew bigger with that shit. Fuckin bugs creep me out, nasty fast crawling mofos.

I'm pretty sure my flowers are stunted because of loss of foliage to thrip damage, its the end of week 5 and there has yet to be a drastic change of flowers or start of heavy budding. I havn't used the spinosad spray yet but I am confident it will toast 'em, and yeah I'm done with soaps and oils, a crazy fungi is a way cooler of dealing wit hit, plus hopefully more effective lol. :bong2:

J

Jalisco Kid

Spinosad works and can be used on veggies up to harvest. If it were me going past 5-6 weeks I would have to think about it. You do not smoke veggies and we are growing prized babies for the taste. If it were a few plants I would hand apply it with cotton balls and swabs and a soil drench. JK

K

KingCrimson

hot shot no pest strips and a single light spray of spinosad at week 5 finally did me good. not a single little bugger in sight :animbong::bong2::animbong: now lets keep it that way

F

Fear

When my plant dries the thrip damage makes it look like mold is that common. I thought it was mold till I cut some leaves and those bugs fell on the counter. Smashed them with the furry fist. threw leaves in toilet.

T

Trillion

My leaves had a white mould/mildew substance dotted on leaves during my infestation, strange thing is if i wiped them with a little water it would come off, maybe they leave a trail?

L

Limeygreen

Usually thrips leave a silvered appearance, I wouldn't worry too much about it. I have seen what you're talking about and it is definatley not mold when I saw it just damaged leaf tissue.

L

Limeygreen

Orius works really well as does Amblyseius swirskii (expensive though). Anyone have a rate for Monterey Garden Insect Spray?

og dmc

og dmc

Rate, you mean like cost? That shit is priceless. Nothing I have tried works beter than Spinosad from moteray.

L

Limeygreen

I mean how much of the concentrate to use in a spray mix. I didn't get a book with it. I looked on their website and got a rate that was a tablespoon/ litre of water, but no recommendations for a drip rate. Has anyone used this as a drip in a hydroponics system, specifically a recirculating system? How late into flowering can you do a drip?

J

jdubz206

Rate, you mean like cost? That shit is priceless. Nothing I have tried works beter than Spinosad from moteray.

for sure bro...spinosad definitely works the best...monterey garden spray...it's cheap and a bottle goes a long way...i had an infestation, i knocked it out with a couple of hot shot pest strips and 3 spinosad treatments...i've never had mold or anything like that from them, the only damage i ever noticed was on the leaves and they were just everywhere...fungus gnats too. spinosad did the trick though...good luck.

Latest posts

Top Bottom