Thrip treatment

• Thread starter Trillion
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

buzzkill420

hey so i have mites along with my thrips will it take care of both???

J

jdubz206

never tried it...i know people who have tried spinosad with mites but it didn't work...i think it depends how big of an infestation you have. for mites, all i keep hearing about is floramite and avid....i think floramite's supposed to be the best. the spinosad is much cheaper and will kill the thrips, fungus gnats, stuff like that....give it a try though, you never know...the labels says it kills mites

B

buzzkill420

fuck it im gunna bomb the fucking house i cant deal with these things any more

C

cannabyss

These predator nematodes look really cool. I didn't end up ordering them as the Spinosad is cheaper so I'm going with that first.

http://www.naturescontrol.com/predatornematodes.html

I just ordered a Spinosad product Monterey Garden Insect Spray and some sticky traps for my thrip, grasshopper, etc infestation. Last year, the caterpillers came out like CRAZY once the buds started getting frosty. They munched on them fast. I also plan on getting some diatomaceous earth as a protective measure around the plants.

Lady bugs around here are super lazy. They pass right over mites and thrips that I could see. I'm not sure what they are looking for, the picky little bulbous turds. I had preying mantises also...they seemed happier fighting and eating each other, attacking me...fun to watch though.

I have some interesting spiders that like to hunt (webless hunting) their prey. They are extremely shy, and equally quick. Some are brightly colored. They see their prey from the underside of the leaf and quickly stalk from underneath with a quick pounce for the kill. I was quite impressed. There are also some strange bugs that I need to photograph. They simply just seem to hang out on the stem and do nothing. They see me hike around to the back side and are quicky to stay out of view. Strange shape and are stubborn about staying in there little zone. There are also lots of black/blue-ish mud daubers that make a big territorial show of darting a buzzing at me whenever I come around, but never land or sting. Anywho, I'm rambling now. :sign0023:

M

missmony

hi!! newbie here...thrips and lace bug problem! i used nuke'em by flying skull....can i use another product if this isn't right or did i just ruin it entirely!???? waaahhhhhaaaa. I'm lost.

Top Bottom