Thrips?Aphids?

• Thread starter PurpleKing1017
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PurpleKing1017

PurpleKing1017

Waddup yall. I recently took in a plant from a greenhouse into my indoor grow. I got it in the vegetative stage, at somewhere around 6 weeks of total growth. It's soil based and the strain is unknown. This was about two weeks ago. I started off watering with rain water, then I went straight into third week of nutrients, based on my flora grow feeding chart (may not have been the best idea). I have a 6.5 x 4 Ft. tent setup, with a 630 watt K5 LED, a carbon filter, and two fans. One is at the top, pointing towards the light, and another is at the bottom. When I first took in the plant about two weeks ago, I inspected it and seen a bit of what seemed to be thrip damage, however I did not check the undersides of the leaves.

Now, a couple of days ago one of my roomates informed me that their buk choy plants had been infested with pests. As soon as I heard this I went to check on my plant, and what do you know, I ended up finding a couple of these little buggers under the leaves. I checked the undersides of every leaf, and pulled out the ones that had these pests. I noticed 5 bugs in total.

I did some quick searching, and believed them to be aphids. So I looked up the treatment for aphids, and went with using 1/3 vinegar solution with distilled water to spray the plant. I also used aluminum foil on the base of the plant to reflect light to the undersides of the leaves and repel any of the remaining pests. I did this on Friday that just passed.

I checked again today (after my light had turned on), and I noticed that they are still there, and the ones I found today appeared to have grown. I only found 3, and could not see any with the naked eye that may be hiding in the soil. I sprayed the plant again thinking it was aphids, however I think its thrips because the vinegar solution did not work on my plant nor my roommates buk choys.

I included some pics, its a bit hard to see, but you can get a visualization of the bugs. They are clustered on the buk choy and have spread rapidly, my plant has not gotten to this point..(Also, looks like the plant could be nute burned, the spots look white under the light but are yellow - could this be thrip damage?)

What should I do?

Thripsaphids
Thripsaphids 2
Thripsaphids 3
Thripsaphids 4
Thripsaphids 5
Thripsaphids 6
Thripsaphids 7
One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Need pics in natural light mate .

PurpleKing1017

PurpleKing1017

Need pics in natural light mate .

Here I took some without the light on. I also thought these may have been aphids because I had some onions growing and they were no where to be found on those, I read that onion is a deterrent for aphids..

IMG 2085
IMG 2086
IMG 2087
IMG 2088
IMG 2090
IMG 2091
Top Bottom