Thrips? What would I see and what damage do thy do?

• Thread starter Green Giant
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Green Giant

Green Giant

I was emptying my used coco from my pots the other day and found what I now think are thrips, I found one pot that had maybe 10-20 thrips in it just below the top loose layer of coco. Normally I will reuse the coco a few times but after finding these I tossed it out. I have inspected all may ladies in flower and in veg and haven't found any more.

What damage if any do they cause that I should look for? and is it possible that I found them before they got too bad?

This is not a picture of mine but this is what they looked like.
Thripsjpg

Dagwood

Dagwood

Anthuriumthrips cycle

Sounds like some dropped off your plant to pupate. They feed on the leaves causing little elongated whitish patches where cells were killed. Then they deposit little black droppings on the leaves. They like to hide in the crevices between the many leaves in new growth clusters. Thrips are carriers of mosaic viruses. They're bad news. Spray the plants with Monterey Garden Insect Spray or another brand that uses Spinosad as its main ingredient.

1134Thrips2

Natural

Natural

plus they'll chew on your roots and fuck up your harvest weight

Oregon Panda

Oregon Panda

You have thrips. Totally certain.

Monterey Garden Insect Spray

Ask for it or look it up. Its sold all over the place and knocks them out with a single application. I was super impressed with it.

Its omri listed and has a bacterial mode of action that is not poisonous to humans or animals. I wouldn't spray it late into flower, but I wouldn't spray anything late into flower. I'd rather cut it immature.

Top Bottom