Thrips..

• Thread starter Buddy Hemphill
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Buddy Hemphill

I am 5.5 weeks in flowering and I have gotten thrips in my room.

What is the best remedy for thrips when you are in the last half of flower?

Is spinosad safe at this point?

B

bicycle racer

spinosad is safe i have used it up to harvest leaves no residue or smell and does not kill pistils great product. its safe for mammals etc..

Y

Ya...The Pizza

I got them 2 months ago and did the following:

for veg i spray the plants with spinosad, wash them off with water the next day and repeat after 5-7 days of no spray.

for flowering i bought some predator nematodes(kill 250 different insects, dont harm plant, something good to keep in your soil regardless), and i got some predatory thrips and sprinkled them on the fan leaves. The combination has significantly reduced my thrip numbers but i need to re-apply the 'todes once more just to be safe. And, as usual, the quicker you react to correct problems like these, the better the chances of eradication.
:harvest:

Trend

Trend

Just got these lil guys for the first time myself...initiating combat mode

K

KING_KONG_KOLAS

I personally would not spray nada nada!! I would get them blue sticky traps and hang them mofo ever where like right between your medium and bottom of plant like on the bottom branch.. and get mosquito dunks crumble them up and spread a little on top of your soils and water in... thats if your using soil.. dont know if it works in hydro or not.. but this will kill the eggs and larva..

true grit

true grit

Spinosad for the win. Use it once and be done. Ok at least twice if you follow directions, and three times if they ever come back down the road...hehe.

BUBBAKUSHKID

BUBBAKUSHKID

whats the deal w/ predator nematodes? i have a bannana that im revegging & when i used neem oil on it to kill the pests , i saw what looked like a million tiny worms, about 1/2 or 1/4 the size of fungus gnat larve, it scared me so i sprayed some poison on the block & watched them suffer( i had to see them w/ a loop) i think 10x magnification.

but now im wondering if they r benificial ..????

Top Bottom