Thrips

• Thread starter Ady
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ady

Ady

What do they look like and what damage do they do... Do go on they leaf r in the soil could any of u giz a bit help

soserthc1

soserthc1

Thrips
Are tiny no more than 1.5mm but still can be seen by the naked eye
Adults have wings but do not fly well , then tend to hop
The head and body range from yellow to dark brown

Where can thrips be found
Thrips attack the leaves and can usually be found on the top surface of the leaf

Thrips use a saw like to pierce and scrape the flesh until sap begins to flow , they suck up the juice and leave the surface a sappy white or silvery scrapes . Eventually the leaves loose their chlorophyll and turn white

Ady

Ady

Thrips
Are tiny no more than 1.5mm but still can be seen by the naked eye
Adults have wings but do not fly well , then tend to hop
The head and body range from yellow to dark brown

Where can thrips be found
Thrips attack the leaves and can usually be found on the top surface of the leaf

Thrips use a saw like to pierce and scrape the flesh until sap begins to flow , they suck up the juice and leave the surface a sappy white or silvery scrapes . Eventually the leaves loose their chlorophyll and turn white
They r like long hard to find they r on the bottom and top of the leaf some one told me it might be spider mite so I spray them with spider mite stuff but there still there..... What is the best thing to kill them

soserthc1

soserthc1

Thrips kinda look like plump small worms and spider mites .....well they look like spiders and as with both of these pest you must apply 3 different treatments of alternating organic (if possible) repellents .... Start with a neem of some sort then alternate with 2 others you can access those online with a simple google search

Best of luck

My information came from marijuana garden saver book but there is numerous threads and sights that will identify bugs as you need to know what your fighting before you fight it but preventative pesticide should be a standard practice
And a picture will get your bug identified here

Ady

Ady

Thrips kinda look like plump small worms and spider mites .....well they look like spiders and as with both of these pest you must apply 3 different treatments of alternating organic (if possible) repellents .... Start with a neem of some sort then alternate with 2 others you can access those online with a simple google search

Best of luck

My information came from marijuana garden saver book but there is numerous threads and sights that will identify bugs as you need to know what your fighting before you fight it but preventative pesticide should be a standard practice
And a picture will get your bug identified here
With what u told me I no what I'm dealing with now just wanted to be 100% thank a lot u been a big help I new it was spider mite they look nothing like spider

symbiote420

symbiote420

Have you tried searching Google or something? There's plenty of pics of the pests and the type of damage they leave on the plant!

A picture is worth a 1,000 words!!!

Ady

Ady

Have you tried searching Google or something? There's plenty of pics of the pests and the type of damage they leave on the plant!

A picture is worth a 1,000 words!!!
i have seen them all just need to 100% that all thank

soserthc1

soserthc1

With what u told me I no what I'm dealing with now just wanted to be 100% thank a lot u been a big help I new it was spider mite they look nothing like spider
No worries best of luck on your grow and yes who isn't a Floyd fan , partial to roger thou

Top Bottom