Tieing Plant Down

• Thread starter Baybud
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Baybud

I had to bring my plant indoors because the weather on the bay is not being nice. I have a 1000w hps going 12/12 and its 3 weeks into budding. I tied it all down as my ceiling is a bit low. My question is do i keep it all tied down or just the main tops? The light is 2' from the top now. Just not sure if opening the plant to more light is better than leaving the side branches alone.

B

Baybud

Here is a pic...I just figured out how to do it.
20150830 122507

ivyboy1225

ivyboy1225

You want to create an even canopy when you are manipulating your plant with the light. What you have done here is close to that, but too many of your other shoots are too low... you want them all at the same height, about 18-24 inches away from the light. A good test is put your hand palm down where your canopy height is for 1 min, and if it's too hot then move them down. I highly recommend creating a canopy with some pvc + string you can grab at home depot. You can cut the pvc with a pvc cutter to make it the height you want and make a little cage. Then have the string go across it in a zig zag formation and weave your plant through it to widen out the shoots.

gl

416T.O

416T.O

Ya man those lower branches look way to low and they need lots of light to get big and juicy . And if you had them out doors then you should have that place lit up like fort knocks in my opinion

B

Baybud

I have 1000w hps just on one plant. Its 3' tall 3' wide. Should be enough light.

Top Bottom