time frame from seeds to outdoor planting?

• Thread starter prop
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

prop

i know there are a lot of variables to this ,but about how long should it take from germinating seeds until plants are strong enough to plant outdoors in the northeast? i germinated seeds in mid april and got seedlings growing pretty quick and just transplanted them to larger pots. i have grow lights on them and just waiting for them to get big enough to go outdoors.. the seedlings popped up pretty quick but it seems like this next stage is pretty slow.. i know i`m probably anxious , but just wondering what would be the best light and watering schedule .? thanks

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
i know there are a lot of variables to this ,but about how long should it take from germinating seeds until plants are strong enough to plant outdoors in the northeast? i germinated seeds in mid april and got seedlings growing pretty quick and just transplanted them to larger pots. i have grow lights on them and just waiting for them to get big enough to go outdoors.. the seedlings popped up pretty quick but it seems like this next stage is pretty slow.. i know i`m probably anxious , but just wondering what would be the best light and watering schedule .? thanks
16-18 hours light, you should kinda follow the outdoor schedule as for when it’s light and dark time..
pictures of your plants?

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

I popped one the first of the year for a giant plant, and then 3 more like march 3rd. They are all plenty big enough to go outside already.

Just be sure you have at least 15+ hours of light outside before putting them out or plan to add supplemental lighting.

Z

Zill

Prop,
Like you, I also reside in the northeast, Hudson Valley.

Last year I I grew a sativa outdoors. While I would have preferred to let the buds tighten up another two weeks I had to harvest the second week in October. I planted the seedlings around the second week in may. I harvested almost one pound of bud from that plant.

This year I am taking advantage of global warming and planted seedlings April 6. They are rocking. That extra month gives the sativa longer to develop those tight fisted buds.

I heard the others talking about 15 hours of daylight before your plant outdoors. I don’t get that. How does wild type cannabis grow in Afghanistan?

A couple of pics of the early going…

IMG 1763
IMG 1762
Goodshit97

Goodshit97

I heard the others talking about 15 hours of daylight before your plant outdoors. I don’t get that. How does wild type cannabis grow in Afghanistan?
Because cannabis can flower at 14/10 So if you have 15 hours of daylight, you shouldnt have flowering plants in 2 weeks... and Afghanistan has longer days than the north east..

Madmax

Madmax

Probably the quickest way what diesel mentioned would get them going away quicker than I do.
no sooner they are up i will put them straight in the ground out in the elements just like nature intended.first month is slow.but after that ..WHOOSH 😃..I usually plant after the last frosts but still cold.toughens em up ..I got 7 months till the weather turns shit..

Top Bottom