Time Lapse Vid: Transition to 6/2 light cycle effect on plants

• Thread starter Grownsince95
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❀🌱❀🀘😁✌
Supporter
This was obviously not a very scientific undertaking. I was noticing my plants really quitting after 12 hours under the lights and I felt like I was wasting 6 hours a day. This alternative has been floating around a while and I figured why not let's see. 6 hours on 2 off 3x a day...

Fist vid is 18/6 shortly after transplant, they do not look happy at all...

The next vid starts the first light cycle of 6/2. I dont see as much droop with lights on anymore and they've been growing great.

I feel like they are getting a full 18 hrs now. My apologies also as I figure out the best settings to record these vids, I find it much easier to see if you use the speed function on the player at .5
Im really curious to hear what the more experienced folk on here think and if anyone else is running this light cycle?

I know the autos folks are always looking for that sweet spot too...

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
I’ve heard nothing but good things about 6/2 x3. I’ve done some extensive research myself. Great video.

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❀🌱❀🀘😁✌
Supporter
I’ve heard nothing but good things about 6/2 x3. I’ve done some extensive research myself. Great video.
Do you think maybe a sativa dominant hybrid like these likes "shorter " days due to the equatorial aspect? My indicas right now don't seem to strain as much like that so I left them 18/6.
The whole DLI thing has got me thinking a lot...πŸ€”

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
They say the 2 hours of darkness in that light cycle allows the plant to rest and process co2 more effectively. I think we all are tired plants at the end of an 18 hour shift lol.

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❀🌱❀🀘😁✌
Supporter
Are they the same plants in both videos? Week apart? Maybe best for seedlings?
Same 4 plants...total elapsed time between both vids is Sept 12 - Sept 27.
I wish the second vid came out better so the motion was clearer. I will continue to experiment on future runs though and the camera is always on so...πŸ‘

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❀🌱❀🀘😁✌
Supporter
Also, there's a point close to the end of the second vid where it looks like the plants take a dive but that was just me super cropping them and they bounce back really quickly.

Checkler92

Checkler92

Have you ever heard of the 12-1 light cycle? Were they get 12 on 5.5off 1on 5.5 off?

Latest posts

Top Bottom