Time to check in

• Thread starter loompa
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
loompa

loompa

Breeder
Supporter
What do you do with all that dirt at the end of the year? Giant compost pile. lol. Or can you reuse them for a couple of grows?

Very Good Question!!!!!!!!!

We re-use all our dirt. We re-use our indoor and outdoor dirt. For me, all my indoor dirt gets removed from the flower room and is then spread out in my garden and used in my Vegetable gardens. Mind you, all the dirt you buy has so much organic material in it that it can be used many times over. The main issue is after you do a run and deplete all the AVAILABLE nutrients, the dirt needs to sit a year for all the organic material that is still in the dirt to start breaking down and for the most part re-invigorates itself. For my Outdoor, we mostly ammend the dirt also instead of outright replacing it. But you have to let it "rest" and wait for all the organic material thats still in there to break down and become available to plants as nutrients again. I will usually jump start the compost period in feb-mar by adding benificial bacteria and earthworm castings and chicken shit/bat guano and alfalfa and then when the temps outside start getting back up into the 60-70's, all that shit starts to break down and re-vitalizes the dirt.

And I'll give a little plug here, We on the Farms have been using and testing Capulators Biowar and that is one amazing product. There is no product on the market that is its equal. Every single one of us uses it and it has increased our overall quality of the dirt and we have all seen yield improvements from it. That is actually what we all use now and I can't praise Capulator enough for creating that product.

loompa

loompa

Breeder
Supporter
BTW, those are some damn healthy trees! Would ur girl bite my ass off if I parachuted down in ur forest?

LMAO. Naaaaa, she has never bitten anyone, she is more bred as a guard dog, if someone she doesn't know walks up my driveway she will charge them, stop at about 10 ft away and post up barking and growling and wait for me to come and check things out. But she has never bitten or even tried to bite anyone, she'll just back you into a corner and stay there until I show up....lol

Icristal

Icristal

I am sitting here with jaw dropped and stunned at the amazing pictures I just stared at, hard to move to next one when all are so amazing. Stunned, beautiful gardens, now puts jaw back up, hard to do with those pictures, lol, great work.

Glad your Mom is progressing, :)

Prince Blanc

Prince Blanc

Beautiful Loompa, your garden is a slice of heaven. Looks like a peaceful place to chill and watch your babies turn into a bountiful harvest.

Gandalfalfa

Gandalfalfa

One of the biggest and best grow ops I've ever seen! Could never get away with growing like that here. Man, I am ENVIOUS! I just want to frolic through your garden lol

soserthc1

soserthc1

Appreciate you sharing the farm for all to see it's the stuff dreams are made of for sure , your def living the dream , don't think that kind of work would ever bother me.
14 ft monster trees are beautiful
Hope harvest is bountiful
Blessings

Tuku

Tuku

I just creamed myself. I'll be back once I've gone and cleaned up. :shy::p

Seriously those trees are amazing. Looks like they would take a lot of work!

Critter

Critter

So awesome!!
Thanks for sharing, and good god man When do you sleep! lol
Thx for what you do, and how you openly share great info.
Peace

ethnoman

ethnoman

Marijuana forest! Could happily get lost in there for a few days. :)

VERMONTSKUNKS

VERMONTSKUNKS

Well hidey hooo my neighbors! I am very thankful for what I got! Thanks om pa pa and loompa for helping me find my focus.

Jolly Mon

Jolly Mon

Very Good Question!!!!!!!!!

We re-use all our dirt. We re-use our indoor and outdoor dirt. For me, all my indoor dirt gets removed from the flower room and is then spread out in my garden and used in my Vegetable gardens. Mind you, all the dirt you buy has so much organic material in it that it can be used many times over. The main issue is after you do a run and deplete all the AVAILABLE nutrients, the dirt needs to sit a year for all the organic material that is still in the dirt to start breaking down and for the most part re-invigorates itself. For my Outdoor, we mostly ammend the dirt also instead of outright replacing it. But you have to let it "rest" and wait for all the organic material thats still in there to break down and become available to plants as nutrients again. I will usually jump start the compost period in feb-mar by adding benificial bacteria and earthworm castings and chicken shit/bat guano and alfalfa and then when the temps outside start getting back up into the 60-70's, all that shit starts to break down and re-vitalizes the dirt.

And I'll give a little plug here, We on the Farms have been using and testing Capulators Biowar and that is one amazing product. There is no product on the market that is its equal. Every single one of us uses it and it has increased our overall quality of the dirt and we have all seen yield improvements from it. That is actually what we all use now and I can't praise Capulator enough for creating that product.
I must step in and plug Dirty Business Divas Soil Analysis dirtybusinessdivas.com These girls will tell you everything you want to know before amending your soil, and saved me Thousands $$$$.

loompa

loompa

Breeder
Supporter
So awesome!!
Thanks for sharing, and good god man When do you sleep! lol
Thx for what you do, and how you openly share great info.
Peace

Well you hit the nail on the head...LOL All of us work very hard to create what you see in our pics. It is truly a labor of love but it can be taxing and finding time to sleep can be tough at times. But our little community at the Farms is what makes it all possible. We all help each other out and all of our efforts are really only possible because we all have each other as friends and suppport groups. Community is what I want to emphasize, without all of us working together to create everything that is LoompaFarms, none of this would be possible. No one can do everything themselves and that includes us at the farms, its all about community and helping each other. That is the "spirit" of LoompaFarms. Thats how we do everything and that is how we can create what we are. The same applies to here online. The more we help each other out, the better we all become. So sharing with you all about what we are and what we do and how we do it is so important for the Larger Community in general.

Thats a big reason why we do as best we can to share and be open about our community. Hopefully our sense of community will expand to a larger community and all you folks online are part of that larger community.

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
The only thing missing in the pic with the guy on the ladder shadow...u need the loompa hat on ...in Loompa land ... !!!

tweedy

tweedy

Hey, a little off topic but thought I would show my boy since you showed yours, ha @loompa

20140801 100804

tweedy

tweedy

By all means man. What a handsome boy that is, thanks for sharing bro, I haven't fixed my girl yet and have been seriously thinking about having a litter with her. Too bad you didnt live closer:)

Thanks man, I regret not studding him out. He was just awesome and would have made killer pups.

If you can handle the extra work I would do it if I were you, I know you have a lot on your plate but everyone in your circle should have a dog of that caliber in their outdoor garden to protect their time/energy and quite frankly themselves.

The sound of a shepherd barking is just about all that is needed to deter a ripper, ha, and if that does not do it at least they alerted you to the situation.

Saw a video of a cougar getting ran off by a GS and another dog. It was too cool to see the cougar keep its eye on the shepherd like it was the only threat to it while the other dog was barkin its ass off and being fairly aggressive the shepherd just slowly kept pushing ground until the cougar was off the property.

Top Bottom