Time to Defoliate?

• Thread starter GrowWithTheFlow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GrowWithTheFlow

GrowWithTheFlow

Whats up everyone!

New grower here... I just did my first successful topping on Friday, followed by a feeding today.

Plant is looking healthy and becoming nice and bushy. I feel like this week should be good to defoliate and get rid of some of the larger fan leaves ๐ŸŒฑ๐Ÿƒ

Any direction on which leaves should be clipped and when, would be greatly appreciated!

Pics below.

Time to defoliate
Time to defoliate 2
Time to defoliate 3
Time to defoliate 4
Last edited:
growsince79

growsince79

The only time I defoliate in in extreme cases of overcrowded plants. If the node distance is so close leaves are laying on top of each other to the point that there is standing water on them. Then I might stategicly remove very few large fans.

Oa.ahhu

Oa.ahhu

Supporter
The only time I defoliate in in extreme cases of overcrowded plants. If the node distance is so close leaves are laying on top of each other to the point that there is standing water on them. Then I might stategicly remove very few large fans.
I've had to do a partial defole like 4 times since the flip since all the buds are packed so tight. I wont be pulling any more off though, I'll be adding a 600w hps so I'll have more penetration. I'll be going from 1150w to 1750 in a 5'x5'. We'll see how it goes

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
Whats up everyone!

New grower here... I just did my first successful topping on Friday, followed by a feeding today.

Plant is looking healthy and becoming nice and bushy. I feel like this week should be good to defoliate and get rid of some of the larger fan leaves ๐ŸŒฑ๐Ÿƒ

Any direction on which leaves should be clipped and when, would be greatly appreciated!

Pics below.

Beautiful Plant, but don't do it!

Defoliation should only be done when you need to let air and light get to the lower portions of the plant. You want the air to circulate underneath the plant and also reduce the amount of energy the plant spends on feeding lower growth that is going to be blocked upper growth. IMO it is better to take the hit at the same time you need the air-flow. Having said all of that, i think you still have at least a month before you need to worry about cleaning it up. Just one persons opinion. Happy Growing ๐Ÿฅ‚ ๐Ÿป

Royalflush50

Royalflush50

Whats up everyone!

Pics below.
Dont do it yet dude it needs them ๐Ÿ‘ I have tried the "schwazzing" technique for the first time and my plants seem to be doing better than my last grow with same strain (monster cheese). Please see attached pictures these are 26 days today in the 12/12 period.
Received 741800963256071
Defoliate at the correct time is the key. Good luck buddy ๐Ÿ‘Š

Royalflush50

Royalflush50

I will post some the buds are really dense and swelling daily ๐Ÿ‘ I did the exact same strain/amount of plants (3) last grow and using this technique definitely seems to push them on a little quicker. But only time will tell i guess ๐Ÿ‘

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
I will post some the buds are really dense and swelling daily ๐Ÿ‘ I did the exact same strain/amount of plants (3) last grow and using this technique definitely seems to push them on a little quicker. But only time will tell i guess ๐Ÿ‘
well you should start your own grow thread, you kinda taking over this one.

Latest posts

Top Bottom