Time To Harvest ?

• Thread starter GreenWeinie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GreenWeinie

GreenWeinie

Any fellow farmers have experience with either blueberry or white widow in a hydro setup? Mainly, how long did it take from 12/12 to harvest? Breeder says 8 weeks but I've read numerous posts disputing that time frame. I'm a pistil person. I am about to start week 3 of flowering. Any opinions?

Bearfamfarm

Bearfamfarm

The plant will tell you when she is ready. Breeder time frames are just an estimate. I usually add at least a week to everything myself but Watch the trichs and you will know. Good luck

Douglas.C

Douglas.C

Treat breeders information as a general guideline. Check trichomes yourself to determine precisely. It's rather easy to do, and quick.

Pick up a cheap magnifying glass or scope, capable of 30x-60x magnification. Variable magnification makes things easier.

Count several areas (on the flower itself) of 20 trichomes, note the number of amber trichomes in each set of 20. 1 amber in 20 is 5% amber, 2 is 10% and 3 is 15%. You'll want to chop before it hits 15% or more.

Cutting before 5% will reduce the efficacy time (shorten the length of the high) as well as reduce yield. So you'll have to smoke your reduced yield more often, for the same effects. Will it be speedier, more up? Yes, it will also be less potent and complex/developed.

Cutting after 15% runs into too much CBN, the cannabinoid (a metabolite of THC) responsible for putting you to sleep. Couchlock. The more amber, the lower the THC amount (reduced potency) and the higher the CBN amount.

Contrary to myth, THC does not break down into CBD. Harvesting late will not increase CBD levels.

Let us know how it goes. :D

GreenWeinie

GreenWeinie

Ok guys. Been bout a month since my last post. Not very happy with the results since then... I could not figure out for the life of me what is going on with these 2. The left is blueberry, right is White Widow. Positive I burned the hell out of BB, it's main stem cracked after trying to mainline, and she hermed. She's had a tough life. The WW was fine until it's started budding and the fan leaves are all VERY thin, skinny, but otherwise is fine I think. On day 59 AFTER flower transition week, so 66 if you do the counting from flip.

Top Bottom